telent are looking to recruit an Installation Design Engineer into the Network Services division of the business.
Within this role you will be expected to ensure that Installation Designs conform to the customer's H&S and quality requirements and meet the technical criteria set out by the Technical Design teams. You will find efficiencies in the production of documentation while maintaining quality and clarity. You will be responsible for the production of “Cradle to Grave” installation designs considering equipment protection, warehouse storage, dormancy post installation, maintenance and de-installation. The successful candidate will understand and use Safety by Design principles throughout Installation Designs, produce Installation Designs for Core network equipment, transmission equipment, Radio (RF), Digital TV, Public Address and Voice Alert systems, Wi-Fi network, Terminal Equipment (desk telephones, wireless APs, CCTV cameras, sound and light Beacons). In addition to this you will produce Bills of Materials (BoMs) based on Installation Designs and make site visits and survey installation sites to assist with producing accurate designs.
• Prepare and maintain detailed Installation Guides.
• Work closely with Technical Design Engineers to resolve design details or discrepancies.
• Prepare Installation Guides of unusual, complex or original designs with a high degree of precision considering the environment, tooling, H&S, quality controls, auditing procedures and skill requirements.
• Develop and maintain draft standards and procedures.
• Production of Rack Face Layouts
• Production of Cable Run Out Lists (CROLs)
• Production of detailed Site Survey reports
Business Operations Skills " Experience:
• Demonstrable success in producing detailed Installation Designs documents
• Strong team building skills
• Broad technical knowledge in telecommunications products and solutions
• Broad telecommunications industry knowledge
• Experienced in the production of complex design solutions
• A proven understanding of the below:
• Quality Auditing process
• A basic understanding of network design and connectivity
• A basic knowledge of cable types and connectors
Business Operations Skills " Qualifications:
• Constantly seeking ways to raise performance and encouraging others to do so.
• Self-awareness and humility. Being aware of one's own limitations and welcoming the help and support of others.
• Understanding the skills of the team members and valuing the contribution that each makes.
• Respecting the views and opinions of others, especially when you disagree with them.
• Always trying to be clear when communicating with others, taking the time to explain and to confirm the other person's understanding.
• Recognising the power of working collaboratively.
• Resilience when faced with problems, seeking solutions and remaining positive.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: