Liverpool City Region Combined Authority have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Coordinator to join their growing team based in Liverpool, Merseyside.
Job Title: Apprenticeship Coordinator
Location: Liverpool, Merseyside
Salary: £22,354 - £25,234
Hours per week: 35 hours
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
The Liverpool City Region is one of a number of City Regions to have secured a Devolution Agreement with the Government, meaning decision making and key priorities are being managed locally. We are hugely ambitious and are working hard to grow our economy and attract more residents and businesses to live, work, visit or invest in the Liverpool City Region.
We have a successful apprenticeship programme and are currently overachieving our government targets with one in ten of our employees on programme.
Apprenticeship Coordinator – The Role:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all apprenticeship enquires from directors, heads of service, managers, staff, training providers, and applicants.
- Promoting Apprenticeship opportunities to service departments.
- Supporting HR colleagues and managers with the recruitment of apprentices.
- Supporting and advising internal staff members who are applying for apprenticeship qualifications, as part of their professional development and process their applications for study.
- Developing apprenticeship programmes in liaison with key stakeholders, directors, and managers.
- Identification of providers and procurement of apprenticeship programmes.
- Developing relationships and communicating with internal and external stakeholders, providing information about apprenticeships.
- Responsibility for updating and ensuring the accuracy of inputs into the apprenticeship government portal (DAS).
- Coordination and participation in apprentice review meetings, travelling to sites for meetings where required, agreeing actions with services for apprentice progress, and acting in a coaching / mentoring capacity where required.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on the progress and completion of apprenticeships qualifications and programmes.
- Liaising with training providers, colleges and universities to monitor contracts and the quality of delivery.
- Production, analysis and monitoring of statistical information on the take up of apprenticeships and progress on outcomes.
- Promoting, monitoring and supporting mentoring of apprentices within the organisation.
- Liaison with apprenticeship leads across the Liverpool City Region.
Apprenticeship Coordinator - You:
This is an exciting time to join the team. If you have experience of coordinating apprenticeship programmes, and skills including an eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills, you could excel in this role – we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience of working with Apprenticeships, higher qualifications and the Levy system (DAS)
- Experience in apprenticeship administration or working in a HR and Learning & Development role
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively prioritise and manage personal workload
- Excellent IT skills to include Outlook, MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint, with well proven administration experience
- Good interpersonal skills, including an ability to adapt appropriately to deal with people at all levels
- Good verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- The ability and confidence to communicate and present information to diverse groups
- Evidence of strong organisational and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure whilst retaining a strong eye for detail
- Knowledge of learning methods
- Knowledge/experience of local government procurement processes (Desirable)
- Experience of coaching or mentoring (Desirable)
The closing date for this opportunity is 3 November, 2019 4:00pm.
To submit your CV for this exciting Apprenticeship Coordinator opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our website!
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Liverpool City Council
17711 - 17711 GBP year
more details »
approx £40,000 to £60,000
St Helens, Merseyside
more details »