Collections Driver - Medical Services
£17,500 basic + bonus + leads commission + own van + other incentives
Permanent - full-time - Monday-Friday - day shift
Love driving but hate working weekends?
You could be one of our new Collections Drivers to join our collections team on a full-time basis, working Monday-Friday daytime, delivering fantastic customer service across the East Midlands with a branch base of Leicester.
You will be driving for Initial Medical Services, a market leader in the collection and disposal of clinical, hazardous and offensive waste streams. Our customers include dentistries, GPs, nursing homes, morgues, just to name a few!
This job will suit you best if you enjoy being on the road, working on your own, driving and meeting new people, planning your own days and delivering excellent customer service.
What will your typical day be as a Collections Driver?
- You will begin your day the moment your transit-sized van leaves your branch each morning. It’s an early start for most, but this means you have an earlier finish or the opportunity to work overtime!
- You will set off to your first customer in your company uniform.
On the road:
- Your day will be spent visiting a number of unique customers across two separate runs. Want the good news? No two days will be the same due to the variety of customers you will meet.
- You will be servicing your customers' hazardous waste facilities, such as sharp bins, poisons, dental waste and other types of waste as well - don't worry, we have a world-class accident rate!
- Whilst you don’t need to be an athlete, you will work up a sweat loading and unloading units and bins for your customers, so you would need to be physically fit.
- You will be responsible for keeping yourself safe, using the training we give you to ensure best practice is carried out at all times on the road.
- Great - home time! You head home after unloading at your branch, taking the company van with you - no travel costs travelling to and from work!
- At the branch, every now and then you will have a debrief with your manager, discuss your day and get ready for the rest of the week.
What do you need to be considered?
- A full UK driving license with two years’ experience
- An ADR certificate would be great, but don't worry if you do not have one
- Great customer service skills - we need you to interact with our customers and ensure you have each job completed
- Flexibility with working hours, as this role can start early and also end early!
- An ability to use your initiative and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Pride in the job you do
We value the work our Collections Drivers do, we reward you with:
- A competitive salary package including a minimum basic of £17,500
- Company van
- Overtime opportunities
- Monthly Bonus scheme - up to £2400 per annum
- Sales lead commission - this isn’t a sales job, but we reward you for passing any sales leads onto your local sales consultant
- Cash rewards for excellent customer service
- Rentokil Initial Rewards (includes cashback and discounts on multiple retailers)
- Pay increases linked to performance if you are keen to develop your career with us.
Apply and find out why this is the job for you! We would expect a performing Collections Driver to earn £20,000 each year!