James Cropper is a world-class advanced materials and paper products group, with an operational reach in over 50 countries. With products that are at the cutting edge of performance, from bespoke coloured paper to carbon fibre materials, they support industries from packaging to digital imaging and aerospace. The business enjoys a global reputation for its dedicated responses to custom projects and its award-winning commitment to the highest standards of sustainability. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly-growing listed company with more than 170 years of heritage and a business which thrives on innovation. It is also an exciting opportunity for a talented HR Professional to lead strategic projects, bring thought leadership on Culture and Engagement activities and drive the transformation of the HR function.
Head of Human Resources
Burneside, Kendal Attractive salary & benefits package
Working in consultation with the Group Board, you will lead and manage the people agenda which enables the delivery of the business plan, the growth and improvement trajectory and the definition and protection of cultural values. You will provide the operational and strategic challenge to drive and influence the performance of people.
The role will involve;
- Designing and implementing the people plan and services aligned to the Group Business Plan.
- Advising the Group Board, providing expert guidance and support on the full range of HR programmes
- Leading the HR team to ensure the delivery of high quality services and advice across all aspects of HR including workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, diversity, employee engagement and talent management.
- Developing a culture of business partnering which enables business performance, enhances people capability and ensures cultural alignment.
- Providing technical HR leadership for the Group and effective management of people related risk.
- Ensuring the legal protection of the business and brand through the provision of effective people services.
The successful candidate;
- Of graduate calibre, with a proven track record in HR leadership gained within a significant manufacturing or operational environment.
- A credible business partner, role model and leader, you will possess well developed stakeholder management skills and proven experience of influencing the people agenda.
- You will be able to demonstrate the ability to design, develop and lead the delivery of the people strategy combined with strong change leadership skills.
- A natural sponsor of change, you will be achievement orientated and possess the tenacity and resilience to succeed in this dynamic, challenging yet rewarding environment.
- A strong project manager with a proven record of success in organising and implementing large scale initiatives.