Founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington USA, UPS are the largest parcel delivery service in the world and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. UPS employs nearly 400,000 staff world wide and serves more than 220 countries and territories.
Position Summary:We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Generalist to join our team on a 12 month temporary assignment.
A UPS HR Generalist is responsible for all recruitment, employee relations, long term sick management and associated administrative duties.This is a varied and challenging role that requires an experienced Human Resources professional to effectively manage all HR responsibilities within a geographical area, covering several UPS sites.You will be traveling between these sites and may be required to support other UPS Centres. Therefore a clean driving licence is required.
As UPS is a 24 hour operation a flexible approach to working hours is a must.Core working hours will be between 8am and 6pm - Monday to Friday but there may be requirements to work early mornings / evenings.
- Dealing with employee queries in a professional and timely manner whether on the phone or face to face.
- Liaising effectively with line management to assess recruitment requirements.
- Exploring and deciding on sources of recruitment for quality personnel.
- Interviewing external and internal applicants and making selection decisions.
- Performing reference checks on applicants.
- Liaising with line management regarding disciplinary's, grievances and welfare meetings and providing advice as necessary
- Entering and updating information in the HR computer system.
- Dealing with confidential documents in adherence to Data Protection law.
- Producing reports using Excel.
- Meeting set targets on a daily basis.
- Responsible for any additional tasks given.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary administrative/planning and organisational ability
- Flexible, friendly attitude required
- Able to work in a fast paced, time specific and targeted environment
- Work well in a team
- Intermediate working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Self motivated and well organized
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Polite, professional confident manner
- Experience working in a recruitment / HR generalist background essential
- CIPD qualification preferred but not essential
We offer a wide range of benefits from a Company pension scheme to a corporate discount programme.
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.