IT Core Infrastructure Manager
- 38,245 P.A. ?
Apply for this job
The job in a nutshell
As IT Core Infrastructure Manager in our IT Operations team, you will be responsible for
the day to day delivery and operation of all core infrastructure services including hosting,
cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), networks (WAN/LAN/WiFi) and infrastructure applications/tools.
The primary purpose of your role will be to own all aspects of infrastructure engineering,
including the build, operation and support of all core infrastructure components to meet
agreed availability and performance targets and within approved budgets.
What you’ll be doing
● Leading and managing the infrastructure engineering team and outsourced vendors
to build and run the enterprise IT infrastructure.
● Contributing to the Travelodge infrastructure strategy, encompassing architectural
direction, initiative planning, technology selection and delivery/support approach.
● Recruiting, leading, motivating, developing and managing the performance of a
high caliber engineering team with the skills and capabilities needed to deliver the
● Closely managing infrastructure team resource plans, balancing operations/support
requirements with project delivery demands.
● Overseeing and managing all third party vendor deliverables and performance and
leading regular service reviews.
● Working with the IT Infrastructure Architect to define and agree architectural
priorities and target state architecture for all infrastructure services.
● Identifying, proposing and leading infrastructure service improvement initiatives
according to an agreed plan.
● Working closely with other IT Operations and IT Delivery teams to ensure there is a
coordinated approach to infrastructure delivery and operations.
● Overseeing and managing the infrastructure support queue ensuring all tickets are
resolved/fulfilled within SLAs and all other KPIs are achieved.
● Leading and coordinating infrastructure related major incident resolution, root
cause analysis and problem management activities.
● Ensuring all infrastructure services are managed and supported according to
industry/vendor best practice, following defined processes and procedures and to
meet agreed availability and performance KPIs.
● Managing the infrastructure support rota, ensuring appropriate staffing and skill
levels are available to deliver support activities in line with defined schedules and
service levels, and in accordance with agreed policies, processes and procedures.
● Ensuring (in conjunction with Information Security) that all infrastructure
components are managed to the appropriate level of risk with respect to security
patches, software/firmware revision levels and supplier supported versions.
● Ensuring a holistic set of standard operating procedures and wikis are actively
maintained and utilised for all in house and third party infrastructure support
● Selecting, implementing, managing, maintaining and continuously improving core
infrastructure monitoring and management tools.
● Ensuring effective DR/BCP plans exist to deliver the required RPOs and RTOs for all
infrastructure services, including regular testing.
● Proactively seeking service improvements in the areas of reliability, performance,
availability, security, supportability or cost.
● Proactively managing the transition of new or updated infrastructure
services/technologies into support, including appropriate staff training and
development and supplier onboarding.
● Delivering infrastructure related change management activities, ensuring the
change management process is adhered to at all times and maintaining a forward
schedule of change for all infrastructure services.
● Ensuring the necessary skills and experience levels are maintained within the team,
relevant to the services/technologies being supported and processes being used.
● Owning and overseeing the provision, management and reporting of IT core
infrastructure assets, ensuring the effective control of all assets by both internal
and third party engineering teams.
● Providing periodic reporting and management information on Infrastructure
delivery initiatives and operational KPIs.
● Championing the adoption of ITIL best practice by the Infrastructure team and
working with the Service Management team to identify and implement
● Deliver on call services to agreed schedules.
Budget & Staff Management Accountabilities
● Line Management of IT Infrastructure Engineering team.
● Owning and managing the OPEX budget for infrastructure services, seeking
opportunities to optimise operational costs where possible.
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in this role, you will be a highly motivated self-starter, with an excellent
understanding of modern day infrastructure technologies and experience of both insourced
and outsourced delivery/operations models.
The ideal candidate will come from an infrastructure engineering background having
recently held roles as an infrastructure lead / manager with day to day responsibility for
the delivery and operation of mission critical infrastructure services.
The following attributes and experience are essential for this role:
● Strong and up-to-date technical skills in the areas of infrastructure hosting, cloud,
(IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), AD, networks (WAN/LAN/WiFi), VOIP and associated
● Previous experience as an IT infrastructure lead / manager in a customer centric,
multi-site businesses with a strong reliance on high availability infrastructure.
● Recent hands on infrastructure engineering experience including project delivery
and operational support.
● Extensive hands on experience of delivering and operating hybrid on premise/cloud
infrastructure environments with previous experience of on-premise to cloud
● Significant experience leading infrastructure engineering teams through enterprise
scale infrastructure transformation.
● An excellent understanding of enterprise best practice infrastructure management,
including use of automation/orchestration, telemetry, monitoring and logging.
● Working knowledge of current and future information security threats and the best
way to prevent them.
● Strong and effective people leadership skills, keeping a team motivated and
organised whilst balancing multiple delivery priorities with operational management
● High levels of energy, drive and resilience, with the flexibility to thrive in a fast-
paced, dynamic environment.
● Strong interpersonal skills with an inherent ability to effectively communicate with
and influence others up to a senior level.
● Drive and determination to continuously improve stability, security and customer
● Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation certified and significant experience in ITIL aligned
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry
out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
● I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
● I am easy to work with
● I have a can do attitude
● I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
● I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
● I work to brand standards
● I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
● I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
● I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
● I look for ways to avoid future problems
● I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the
UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to
everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers,
and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we
love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a
competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday
entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks
Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a
development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction
and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have
the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
Apply for this job
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: