A unique opportunity to join this highly successful, oversubscribed and forward thinking school on its exciting journey from good to outstanding and development within a local MAT
Batley Grammar School is seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor to join our secondary staff team in November 2019.
The successful candidate will work closely with Directors of Learning, Deputy Head relevant secondary staff and support staff as well as a range of other professionals to support the learning of children.
The role will involve supervision of students within a secondary school. Successful candidates will need to respond to questions, generally assist students to undertake set activities and to uphold standards of behaviour in the classroom and on the corridors. In addition to cover needs, there will also be a requirement to work alongside existing staff in specific curriculum areas providing general support for departments. This is a key role in supporting the day-to-day running of the school and the successful applicant must be IT literate and competent in using a variety of software packages
Applicants should have a good general education with GCSE equivalent in maths and English. Experience of working in this role would be desirable but not essential as training will be given
• A successful 4-16 co-educational Free School, rated good by Ofsted (September 2019);
• A small school of approx. 960 pupils and students (208 in Primary) with a highly committed staff and a friendly family atmosphere;
• Visitors tell us we have a calm and purposeful environment and our pupils and students are well-mannered and that our school ethos is powerfully transmitted;
• An ethnically and culturally diverse school with a vibrant extra-curricular programme in sports, music and arts;.
Please see our website www.batleygrammar.co.uk for an application form and further details. Please note that CVs cannot be accepted. The school’s application form needs to be completed together with a covering letter.
• Closing date: Friday 01 Nov 2019 - 12 noon.
• Interviews: These will take place in the week beginning 4 Nov
• Working Pattern: Term Time only, permanent, subject to a satisfactory probationary
• Working Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week;
• Salary: According to skills and experience in the range of S18 – S22
£19,059 (£15,760 P/Rata) to £21,800 (£18,027 P/Rata)
• Job Type: Cover Supervisor.
Completed application forms should be sent to the Headteacher’s Secretary Mrs Rosie Gregg, Batley Grammar School, Carlinghow Hill, Batley, West Yorkshire, WF17 0AD or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday 01 November 2019.
Batley Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks, disclosures of disqualification by association and two satisfactory references.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: