Biffa plc is the leading nationwide integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. Through the expertise of our people and investment in technology we promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
The Waste Strategy & Packaging Consultant will work with key I&C customers at a strategic level to help them reduce the level of product or raw material packaging from their supply chain and/or to increase its likelihood of effective recycling. This is a strategic customer facing role with some of the Divisions largest customers. This role works within the framework of the recently announced government Resource & Waste strategy consultation paper and effectively translates its impact on our customer base.
- Work closely with the Group’s External Affairs & Environment team to have a full and comprehensive understanding of both the key elements of the Resource & Waste Strategy and the impact on our business
- Act as the conduit between the Group’s External Affairs & Environment team and the I&C Senior Leadership team, advising this team on what strategy we should consider for the I&C business
- Lead discussions, alongside new business and account teams, on how we assist our clients and targets alike on their journey toward meeting their commitments under the Resource & Waste Strategy at client and target presentations
- Work with our clients Supply Chain operations advising them on the type of packaging they should be procuring to ensure they meet their obligations and how best it can be designed to ensure a greater level of re-use and recycling.
- Run training webinars for our internal Commercial staff keeping the abreast of key developments and commitments that Biffa are making to aid our clients
- Work with our external media agency to produce a positive external view of how we are working with customers on both the resource & waste strategy and packaging design opportunities.
- Work closely with our Commodities team to understand the Commodity marketplace and build an understanding of where different materials can be reprocessed
- Work with retail and manufacturing customers advising on recycling diversion
- Environmental degree or equivalent
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the packaging industry
- Understand how the new regulations will affect our customers and be able to provide solutions/recommendations
- Understanding of recycling compliance schemes
- Experience of working in or for the plastics, packaging or manufacturing sector
- Environmental degree or equivalent
- A high level of aptitude with Microsoft software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to think critically and strategically, and to take on board complex technical information;
- Dynamic, target driven and able to work at pace
- Highly credible with the build and maintain relationships at all levels
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open and honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and care about what our employees think. At Biffa, you’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers, and to the communities in which we operate.
We’re committed to helping our people fulfill their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business. In return for your efforts you will receive a competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension plus company car.