Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an OLE Design Engineer. The successful candidate will produce designs of the overhead structures, utilising their knowledge as a Mechanical or Structural Engineer as part of a wider, dedicated OLE design team.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
What will the role involve?
* Arrange and carry out surveys and provide appropriate reporting
* Demonstrate a good understanding of the design and engineering management processes
* Ability to independently undertake design and assessment work for OLE designs
* Engage in CDM/CSM/risk analyses
* Undertake designs to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
* Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards
* Prepare design and assessment reports
* Have a basic understanding of BIM
* Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
* Understand the interfaces between OLE and other railway disciplines and how these are managed.
* Ability to use the design software in the discipline
* Deputise for the CRE as required
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or Ieng.
* Member of the recognised institution (e.g. IET, IMechE)
* Appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
* Preferably working towards IEng/CEng status
About Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.