Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Electrical Design Engineer. The successful candidate will fulfil a senior role within the Amey Electrical Power design team, providing leadership and mentorship to junior design engineers.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to manage design teams for projects with a view to meeting contract requirements, deadlines and budgets, maintaining high quality, whilst cultivating professional relationships with clients.
We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
What will the role involve?
* Planning surveys and leading site survey teams
* Demonstrating a sound understanding of the design process
* Ability to design and check designs where required
* Managing CDM/risk analyses and attending HAZID workshops
* Undertaking the role of Contractor’s Responsible Engineer in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
* Approving designs to ensure all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards
* Keeping up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
* Briefing electrical power design teams on contractual requirements and standards/workscopes
* Managing the Electrical Power element of a complete project
* Effective communication with the client including representing Amey Electrical Power design at client meetings and responding professionally to client feedback/DRNs
* Effective communication with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors including representing Amey Electrical Power design at IDC meetings
* Ensuring work is undertaken to programme and budget
* Undertaking high complexity design cost estimates and assisting with bid development work
* Developing and mentoring junior staff
* Preparing high level reports and feasibility studies
* Supporting the growth of the business, in particular the provision of Electrical and Lighting design services to both new and existing clients
* Deputise for the Principal Engineering Manager when required
What are we looking for?
* Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or Ieng.
* Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
* Incorporated or Chartered Engineer (IEng/CEng) or actively working towards
* Competent with using electrical design software (e.g. Amtech, etap, etc.)
* Experience in rail sector
* Ability to fully undertake the role of Contractor’s Responsible Engineer in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail standard NR/L2/INI/02009
About Amey Consulting
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.