We’re looking for the pick of the bunch…
Based at The Fresh Produce Centre at Paddock Wood in Kent, FreshPLUS takes a different approach to service provision. Specialising in fresh produce, our customers have the freedom to choose from a flexible menu of direct or indirect services; from full receipt, storage, ripening, packing and distribution of products to indirect options such as grower audits at source, customs clearance services or marketing insight reports. So, why work for us?
As a Production Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for management and performance of a designated Production line, ensuring all aspects of production are in accordance with compliance, quality standards and departmental KPIs. It will be within your remit to ensure that our customer orders assigned to your production line are fulfilled on time and in full, to the required standard. This will be achieved through effective training of staff on production procedures, working practices and Company policies. You will also be closely supervising and carrying out inductions to all temporary staff. By taking a learning and development approach, you’ll train and coach your team members to enhance your team’s capability, ensuring they have the tools and skills to do their job effectively.You will ensure that communication flows smoothly both ways to the management and your production team with a relevant information. You will also be responsible for effective implementation of the Company’s Health, Safety and Hygiene Policies through effective communication and management of designated line work practices and team behaviours. As a Production Team Leader, you will be conscious of minimising waste and maximising labour utilisation. You will also share your ideas and improvement plans on cost-saving and better ways of working. Our perfect Production Team Leader would have:
- Experience of working on a food production line
- Positive behaviours and professionalism, even in difficult situations or when executing unpopular/tough decisions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to give clear instructions to a diverse group and get the best out of team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- To be adaptive and flexible to drive the continues improvement and to take on new challenges
- To be enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated.
- SAP experience (desirable)
In return we can offer you a rewarding career where every single day is different to the one before. What else we can offer you:
The hours you would work
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum plus 8 bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme
- Pension scheme
- Company share scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Subsidised canteen & deli bar (hot meals from £1)
- Free parking on site
- Eye care & flu jab vouchers
- Discounts in local gym and beauty salon
- Free books every month for children of our employees up to 5 years old.
A 40 hour week with shift times that range from 6am-10pm with weekend working on a rota basis.
We would love to hear from you if you feel that you can offer us as much as we can offer you. Please do so by submitting your CV to our recruitment team.