Director of Product Management – Fine Chemical Products
What will you do?
We are seeking a Director of Product Management for the Fine Chemical Products Business Unit who will lead the product management life cycle and creation of a multi-generational product plan (MGPPs). This exciting role will play an influential part of the Product Management team that develops and delivers customer centric growth strategies and experiences that will both delight our customers and will increase the impact of our marketing initiatives for the Fine Chemical Products Business Unit.
The Director of Product Management will define a vision for market growth and design the business unit strategies to actively pursue new market opportunities. This role collaborates with functional leaders across the organization, as needed, to deliver a world class experience to our customers and exceed the Business Unit’s revenue and EBITA growth objectives.
Expectations of the Role
How will you make an impact?
- Portfolio Strategy: Develop a 1-5 year Multigenerational Product Plans (MGPPs) for the Fine Chemicals product portfolio to appeal to the customer segments and develop a strategy for new products and services, as well as portfolio management, pricing initiatives and SKU rationalization to achieve AOP targets for the Fine Chemicals portfolio.
- Market & Competitor Intelligence: Conduct intelligence reports, financial analysis, competitive research, customer insight programs, and monitor media and events to gain a strong understanding of the current and future trends related to lab chemicals and life science reagents. Gathers, analyzes and interprets market data, including competitive information and funding shifts to determine market attractiveness. Understands various market dynamics, including customer segments and needs, competitors and technology shifts and how to leverage information to drive optimal business growth.
- Product Management: Set direction and prioritize product management initiatives. Remove roadblocks and foster cross-functional communication to enable the product management team to effectively work with global operations, sourcing, quality and finance to drive growth and profitability targets. Champion adoption of Product Commercialization Process (PCP) to drive timely and impactful product launches.
- Product Life-Cycle Knowledge: Utilizes market and performance data to optimize profit and drive growth for the in-market product portfolio, including extending application usage, pricing and discounting strategies, manufacturing process improvements and obsolescence strategies. Takes into account the business model, product life cycle, market and sales conditions, and supply and demand opportunities and constraints in order to extract maximum value and meet the performance goals and objectives.
- Campaign Management: In collaboration with the Sr. Manager, Market Development and the Commercial Leadership, build and effectively drive campaigns across the business.
- Project Management: Oversee development and management of a rolling 18-24 month project roadmap in line with Product Management, Sales Channels, Commercial and Finance.
- Thought Leadership: collaborate with the product and market development teams to build awareness and develop white papers, conference talks, posters, blogs, forum interaction and community education pieces.
- Global Alignment: Engage and align APAC Product Managers, Regional Marketing Specialists, Country Sales Managers and IDIR’s to improve operational excellence.
- Direct Management: Manage the performance and development of the team by reviews and training programs.
We are looking for a self-motivated leader who always maintains a positive attitude. You can make an impact by living our values through your everyday customer interactions (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement) and by influencing and leading by example. The ideal candidate will enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing them with their fine chemical products.How will you get here?
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business and/or a related scientific field required. A background in Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline is a plus. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in a marketing role that includes demonstrated experience, and successfully implementing marketing plans across channels in a highly technical field or scientific environment is preferred.
- Mastery of knowledge and leadership in the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, customer segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- High personal accountability, results orientation and the ability to influence without authority are required.
- Experience in highly regulated industry with GMP requirements and dependence on both direct and distributor/agent channels (advantage but not essential).
- Ability to flex communication styles to speak and present business acumen to a diverse group of stakeholders. Ability to clearly articulate and communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel globally 30-40%.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. With talented managers and inspiring co-workers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.