Providing Quality support to Production and Engineering, the successful candidate will support the business needs in respect to Vehicle quality Inspections and Improvement by developing a culture of customer ready quality at all stages of production.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with Internal and External departments on Supplier related issues and determine action required to facilitate ongoing production and vehicles in service.
- Be aware of Escalation process to Group level and be able to clearly communicate the issue with evidence of Actions / Evidence steps already undertaken.
- Raise SCAR’s (Supplier Corrective Action Requests), to document non-conformances, send materials back to supply based in order for Root Cause analysis to be conducted on issue.
- Compile Quality measures (KPI) to track supplier performance and identify trends and work with the Supply Base to Continually Improve our Product and avoid repeat future failures.
- Identify early part-life failure and raise through organisation to minimise business impact.
- Arrange and manage on-site rework being carried out by suppliers and contractors in line with Health & Safety guidelines and policies.
- Carry out ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Reports), audits of documents and parts.
- Carry out ECWVTA (European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval) component audits.
- Audit HLA’s (High level assemblies) at sub-contractors.
- Carry out internal and external audits and generate Audit reports.
- Facilitate Supplier meetings and visits to drive improvements in Quality performance.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, BOM’s and specifications.
- Attend meetings to support Operations colleagues on Supplier related issues.
- IT literate in Microsoft Office and use of Qpulse.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as creating detailed reports.
- Ability to work within a team and interact well with all levels within business structure.
- Ability to problem solve and take issues to closure.
- Be flexible in work approach to assist cross departmental working in both relationships and workload.
- Be able to travel on occasions to complete ADL Site and/or Suppliers support or audits
- Time served in coach-building/vehicle manufacture or a similar discipline within manufacturing, preferable automotive.
- Must be IT literate, comfortable with Microsoft office and have good understanding of how this Role dove tails into the Business Management System
- Experience in Quality tools and techniques, would be advantageous.(PPAP, 8D, DFMEA,PFMEA and have a strong problem solving and analytical skillset)
- Trained Auditor to ISO9001:2015, minimum Internal Auditing but ideally Lead Auditing.