Due to growth we are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant Manager/Manager to work within our flagship Esher office reporting directly to Partners. The position will be to assist the Client Manager with reviewing and finalising accounts preparations, management accounts and VAT returns as well as managing your own portfolio of clients.
As the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Accounts Assistant Manager/Manager role is offering a highly competitive salary, progression within the company.
The Accounts Assistant Manager/Manager duties will be:
- Responsible for running a portfolio of clients. Overseeing bookkeeping, monthly management accounts and year end accounts preparation for various sectors. Deliver information to client in timely manner, with added value advice being provided.
- Management accounts -
- Organising and reviewing VAT returns
- Aged debtors & creditors analyses
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Trial balance, profit and loss, balance sheet
- Variance analysis
- Projects profit and loss analysis, and cash flow
- Accounts Production -
- Responsible for managing the following:-
- Year-end processing
- Preparation of the accounts for Companies House filing together with full accounts to directors including management information
- Managing the processing of CT600 and tax computation
- Consolidated accounts
- Identifying personal tax planning and tax planning for companies in portfoli
- Linking with tax team to ensure tax returns are prepared in timely manner, and within timetable agreed with clien
- P11D reporting
Practice management -
- Time sheets reviews of staff working on porfolio
- Responsible for Work in progress and debt on portfolio, raising billings and keeping jobs to budget
- Billing and professional documents processing
- Experience of completing private company financial statements
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience - managing and delegating work to juniors
- Understanding of corporation tax, VAT and personal tax at a compliance level
- Knowledge of law: UK GAAP, IFRS, company secretarial law and Companies Act 2006
The Accounts Assistant Manager/Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of following software is preferable Iris, MyWorkPapers , Sage 50, Xero and Microsoft Excel & Word
- Attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Self- starter
If you are keen to secure a progressive Accounts Assistant Manager/Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.