We are recruiting for an independent residential care home based in Thames Ditton, Surrey. They provide accommodation and personal care for up to 11 residents. The aim is to provide a safe and homely environment where residents can live a fulfilling life, in the way that they choose with the support of our staff.
They require a Registered Manager to provide leadership and be responsible for the day to day running of the care home. They should be able to provide high quality care and support services that promotes the rights of residents to live the lives they choose and are able to. The successful candidate will manage and develop the team to ensure they meet the needs of the residents and also ensure the staff are maintaining an enriching career in care. The Registered Manager is directly accountable to the Director and to the regulatory bodies for residential care.
Applicants must have the following:
* Experience in mental health, residential care home or other similar setting/service is essential.
* NVQ/QCF Level 4 in Leadership and Management, RMA Registered Manager's Award or equivalent qualification.
* NVQ/QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care or an equivalent qualification.
* Nursing qualifications or clinical experience would be advantageous but not essential.
* Ability to demonstrate experience within a managerial capacity.
* Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
* Experienced in managing budgets and completing providers audits and reports
* Familiarity with computer systems and software (Microsoft Word & Excel etc).
* Experience in working with the CQC, understanding their regulations and working with local council authorities.
You would be required to efficiently manage the day to day running of the care home. Key responsibilities will be to allocate support worker and care worker resources based on the needs of the residents. Monitor and audit performance of the staff to deliver high quality care to residents, carry out regular checks on staff and residents, audits and analysis to ensure safe, responsive and effective care delivery and manage all aspects of the staffing team and provide sound leadership to ensure staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Manage the safety and quality of the business:
* Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures.
* Oversee training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day to day management and delivery of care.
* Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field, including a good understanding for infection prevention and control.
* Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the care home.
* Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements.
Provide a good service to residents, and their family and friends:
* Promote the rights of each resident and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support.
* Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a resident assessment and risk assessment with the resident, and/or their chosen representatives, has been completed including what the resident needs and would like to achieve from their care and support.
* Make sure a written individually tailored care and support plan has been created and agreed, that respects the residents wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks.
* Provide the resident, and where appropriate their family and friends, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns.
* Apply excellent communication skills with residents, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services.
* Keep all information about residents and their families secure and confidential. Respect the data protection act.
* Support residents to ensure their personal preferences, likes and disl
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Action First Assessments Ltd T/A Action First
£50,000 per annum
more details »