Job objectives and responsibilities
- The WIP Administrator is responsible for overseeing the management of the full WIP process and driving the key outcomes within the process, i.e. WIP to Accrued Income to Bill or WIP to Bill conversion.
- Ensuring a comprehensive review of all works completed by engineers, for the identification of Reactive, Quoted and Project works, and that relevant back up has been identified and contractual requirements are met.
- Being the conduit and working closely with the Operations; Finance; OTC and R2R teams (UK & Genpact) and client.
Ensure the following activities are delivered timely and accurately by the relevant functions / team through close supervison of the end to end WIP process:
- Run and update WIP/ SQL Maximo report on a weekly basis with accurate committed costs
- WIP trackers maintained with status updates against jobs
- Ensuring jobs which have been completed have the relevant documents in place required for billing
- Preparation of applications for presentation to client and timely invoicing
- Reconciliation of costs and time on each job to ensure prompt closure of jobs in period
- Collation of comments and analysis on high margin and loss making jobs
To understand and comply with policies and procedures
Attend review meetings relating to working capital and those which are contract specific
Managing efficient and accurate conversion of WIP to Accrued Income inine with Revenue Recognition Policy
Managing conversion of WIP and AI to bill
Proactive management of timely resolution of queries and disputes relating both internal and external applications / bills
Identify and implement continuous improvements on the OTC process to drive timely cash conversion
Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required