We are Dematic, one of the world's largest materials handling systems suppliers. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It's our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
We deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region. We are experiencing double digit growth and we are now looking to add an experienced Warehouse Planning Engineer to this team who is looking to join a business with passion and energy to help our realise our business potential.
This role will provide customer-facing consulting capability to support the planning and sales of automated material handling systems in the intralogistics industry using a combination of factors in order to propose the most appropriate solutions to clients. These factors include an understanding of the clients' industries and industry drivers, the analysis of customers' business data, best practise DC design solutions in these industries together with an ability to develop innovative solutions, and an excellent understanding of the warehouse automation technology.
- Working with clients and internal Dematic sales personnel to develop appropriate warehouseing concepts
- Analysing business data, review and compare possible intraligistics solutions
- Use knowledge of trends and drivers in our customers' industries and best practise solutions, advise customers, work with interal sales and solution development teams
- Design concepts - material flow diagrams, sizes and requirements of the functional areas and the technology to be used.
To be successful in this role, you should possess skills / experience in the following:
- An in-depth understanding of warehousing automation technology, its applications, relative pricing, and benefits
- Overview of data analysis & system planning techniques, using Excel and Access software, and Dematic tools
- Experience in the preparation of flow diagrams & equipment cycle time calculations
- Experience in developing layouts and operational methods using warehouse automation technology, controls and warehouse management software
- Knowledge of the industry sectors and customers with whom we work, especially multi-channel distribution, fashion, food & general merchandise distribution, manufacturing and spare parts, to include customer's drivers, strategies, and challenges
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal and external contacts