The Application Support Engineer (ASE) will be responsible to support VRR’s Black Box and other applications that run in a Windows environment for the VRR business.
The individual will work closely with the other Application Support Engineers based in the UK and Australia in scripting the automation of building and deploying applications and maintaining source code repositories.
Along with the other Support Engineers, this individual will be a key point of contact for any technical and application support needs of VRR’s global client services team or clients.
- Support Product IT operations for existing applications and will work closely with both the Development and Dev. Ops. teams during all phases of the application development in a Windows based environment.
- Assist in scripting the automation for building and deploying applications and maintaining source code repositories.
- Monitor and respond to Production server and application anomalies and performance degradation
- Assist the Product Manager and Client Services team with the extraction of data and preparation of reports from the data warehouse
- Work closely with the wider teams in performing root cause analysis for any issues, as well as playing a key role in the implementation of any fixes
- Support the implementation of production migrations across servers located in multiple geographies, in co-ordination with the other ASEs
- Support the Product team with the ongoing data update process, building and executing robust test processes for all VRR products and suggest enhancements and improvements to the process where possible
- Assist with the rollout of new VRR products internationally, as well as the preparation of technical specification documents and user guides
- Perform comprehensive testing of new products and services released or developed by VRR, ensuring their suitability to market – this includes manual testing and building automated test suites as needed.
- Assist in assessing development requirements for clients, and work with the wider team to develop any subsequently required approval requests and/ or specification documents
- Experienced in a Windows environment with a working knowledge of IIS concepts and settings
- Experienced with SQL server administration, SSRS reporting, Windows Server Administration and writing SQL queries
- Understanding of computer programming concepts such as: OOPs, Data Structures, HTML, CSS, REST based Web API, T-SQL etc.
- Experience with any of the following programming languages: Visual Studio, C#, HTML, CSS, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, T-SQL
- Familiar with Development tools and concepts such as XML config files, Rest API calls, HTTP Headers and Response Codes
Useful to have:
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash and Powershell
- Understanding of Deployment technologies such as Atlassian Bamboo, Octopus Deploy, Git, Sonar.
- Knowledge in Server Administration in AWS/Other Cloud based technologies (e.g. Workspaces, EC2, RDS, ELB)
- Basic understanding of Continuous Integration and Dev Ops
- Experience of troubleshooting production issues, using monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic, Solarwinds. DPA and Perfmon
- Basic understanding of firewalls and networking concepts
- Understanding of reporting tools such as Tableau, PowerBI
- Ability to automate the existing test suite using Postman