We are looking for an organised, pro-active and efficient project engineer to join our telent Wireless team.
We are looking for an organised, pro-active and efficient project engineer to join our telent Wireless team. Within the role you will be responsible for determining scope of works to enable team to deliver the work and meeting the customer requirements as well as providing logistical and technical support to the engineers on site.
Typical Deliverables & Responsibilities
- Interpret site design drawing
- Thoroughly gate site activity
- Clearly define bill of materials for all installation activities from drawings and survey
- Managing the material logistics between suppliers and engineers
- Managing the day to day technical issues from the field teams and resolve them promptly
- Customer interaction
- Interpretation of all customer design specifications into practical guidance
- The production of accurate desktop surveys
- Background in site builds specifically BTS
- Electrical knowledge - specifically electrical upgrades
- Field management skills.
- Strong and Proven Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the business.
- Proven experience of managing complexity and change.
- Excellent understanding of risk and issue management and mitigation strategies.
- Working Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Flexibility and resilience to be able to deal with constant change and constraints placed on project by all stakeholders
Business Operations Skills:
- In depth knowledge of BTS site builds
- Good communication skill with the ability to interact with customers
- Strong IT skills with the ability to manage large amounts data and information per site
- Attention to detail
- Establish and lead field teams and delivering to milestones and objectives
- Using best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Contractual Quality and Health, Safety and Environmental management for all projects
- Working independently with minimal guidance
- Develop relationship with key stakeholders, including clients, to identify and maximise further opportunities for the business
As a contractor working with telent you can expect to receive:
- PAYE or Limited Company contractor options
- Weekly Pay
- A designated team to help you with your queries
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
- To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach " a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
- As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You'll help us ensure the most important messages get through " however tough the conditions.
- Here are just some of the ways we're different:
- You'll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You'll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors " or even different technology areas.
- You'll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
- You'll be treated as an individual. We're not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you'll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Please note this vacancy is also being advertised externally and the closing date may be brought forward if a suitable candidate is found.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.