You are UK based and experienced in travel Sales and looking to join a tour operators? Absolutely love to travel and have sold holidays to discerning customers? Then this is a great opportunity to be part of our busy Sales & Customer Service team in a medium-sized, well established travel company in South London!
We are Newmarket Holidays - one of the largest independently owned escorted tour operators in the UK - offering a wide range of wishlist holidays, tours and events all across Europe and the rest of the world!!
We work in modern, bright and open plan offices very conveniently next to Wallington train station, bus routes, taxi's PLUS plenty of free local parking and the bustling high street with lots of eateries and shops is just around the corner!!
The hours are full-time, 36 per week (worked on a rota); Monday-Sunday (and include weekends)
The role is to act as the first point of contact for our customers to sell our range of holidays, ensuring we increase revenue by successfully converting and maximising every sales opportunity providing exemplary customer service at all times
What you'll be doing
- Delivering an effective and enjoyable buying experience for all customers
- Sharing with our customers a passion for travel and a knowledge of the destinations in order to add value to the booking experience
- Gaining knowledge of the product and services we offer and consistently sharing this knowledge with the team members
- Escalating and sharing challenges as they arise to ensure that potential problems are identified and solutions found
- Taking on the role of Customer Service Executive during busy periods, ensuring professional levels of service are maintained.
Who you are
- Love to travel and everything to do with travelling
- Customer focused
- Proven track record in travel sales and making lots of bookings
- Experience working in the travel industry target driven environment
- High level of product and operational knowledge
- Articulate with an excellent telephone manner
- Exceptional listener to provide the right holiday for our customer base
- Can work well under pressure and deliver excellent standards of customer service
- Highly organised, able to multi task and flexible to meet changing priorities
- Can adhere to strict deadlines, work methodically and with high accuracy
- Excellent communicator who can collaborate with people across the company
- Empathetic team player with a strong can do attitude
What we offer you.....
- A great team to work with
- Salary of £18-£26Kpa
- 20 days annual leave per year (this is increasing to 25 days from 01/01/2020)
- 8 paid Public/Bank Holidays each year
- Contributory pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff discounts (up to 50%) on Newmarket holidays, cruises, events etc
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Free eye test + contribution towards VDU use only prescription
- Training and development
- Work-Life Balance/ flexible working arrangements