Mallard Outsourcing are proudly partnering a Huddersfield-based academic institution as they seek to add an experienced Apprenticeships Operations Manager to their team. The role will be based in the Process, Engineering & Science Faculty of an Ofsted "Good" rated further education college.
Duties of the Apprenticeships Operations Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Broadly, to support the Head of Faculty and Head of Apprenticeships by acting as Curriculum Leader for Apprenticeship programmes in a further education academic environment;
- The management of Trainer Assessors & Programme Leads;
- Management of the operational deployment of resources including staff timetabling;
- Championing equality and diversity;
- The observation of teaching and learning;
- Devising and executing quality improvement strategies;
- The monitoring of the curriculum to ensure it evolves to keep pace with changing trends and technology;
- Ensuring staff skills reflect the requirements of the delivery of the curriculum;
- Liaising with a variety of stakeholders including employers, schools, universities and awarding bodies to establish priorities for delivery across the curriculum that best meet their long-term needs and those of the region.
- Operational key performance indicators will include: enrolment, funding, student success, progression, teaching & learning, efficiency of resource distribution, stakeholder satisfaction and curriculum development.
The requirements, skills & experience required for the Apprenticeships Operations Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- A PGCE or equivalent; (ESSENTIAL)
- Level 2 English & Maths; (ESSENTIAL)
- Degree or Higher Education; (DESIRABLE)
- Past experience of a management or team leader level role taking in the motivation and development of a cross-functional team; (ESSENTIAL)
- Past experience in a role taking in the delivery of education; (ESSENTIAL)
- Past experience of working in a Further Education or Adult Education environment; (DESIRABLE)
- Experience of budget management; (DESIRABLE)
- Superb inter-personal and communication skills and an ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; (ESSENTIAL)
- A demonstrable understanding of Apprenticeship Frameworks, Standards and EPA; (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience working in a relevant curriculum area (process, engineering or sciences); (ESSENTIAL)
- Knowledge of the Huddersfield, Kirklees or West Yorkshire local environment; (NICE TO HAVE)
- Maintains a regular CPD and work experience/industry placement in a vocational subject; (DESIRABLE)
- A highly competent user of technology with an ability to keep abreast of developments in IT which could impact the curriculum; (ESSENTIAL)
- Absolute commitment to the delivery of educational excellent in line with the organisation's values, vision and strategic objectives.(ESSENTIAL)
A bit about the employment business:
The employment business is an engaging and vibrant place to work. As an organisation, they endeavour to be true to their values of inclusion, nurturing, support, pride, integrity, respect and excellence in all they do. Currently an Ofsted rated "Good" Further Education Institution, their journey to "Outstanding" is well on its way and you could be a part of this!
The Remuneration & Benefits for the Apprenticeships Operations Manager are:
In exchange for your skills, experience and dedication, you will receive:
- A basic salary of £41,000;
- A 'Golden Hello' of £4,000 (£2,000 upfront and a further £2,000 upon the successful completion of your probationary period);
- 37-hour working week;
- 35 days holiday annually in addition to 5 closure days and bank & public holidays;
- An exceptionally competitive pension scheme (10.2% employee contribution for a 23.68% employer contribution).
If you feel your skills and experience could be a good fit for the Apprenticeships Operations Manager position, please follow the instructions to make your application. A Mallard Outsourcing Consultant will get in touch with you soon with further information and to confirm your interest in our Client. By submitting this application, you are consenting to Mallard Outsourcing holding and processing your personal details for the purposes of activities pertaining to recruitment.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: