Mobile Driver - Mobility Aids
Commitment: Looking for volunteers who can commit to one day per week between Monday-Friday
Horton Park, Hortonwood 7
Telford, TF1 7GX
Please note for this role you must hold a full driving licence and have a minimum of 2 years experience.
Come and join our friendly team based in Telford and support your local community!
We provide people in your community with wheelchairs on a short-term basis.
Our mobile driver volunteers provide members of the public with wheelchairs from varying pop up locations in your community.
Your time will help people in your community stay independent by accessing a wheelchair.
- Issuing and receiving wheelchairs (or other mobility aids equipment)
- Setting up and operating the mobile 'pop up' service using a Red Cross van.
- Demonstrating how to use and look after our wheelchairs
- Using a computer-based stock control system
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Free training and ongoing upskilling.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
- The chance to truly make a difference to local lives
Click Apply Online to register your interest and we will be in touch to arrange a phone call with you.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis