Accounts Assistant required for one of the UK's fastest growing MSPs
GCI are looking for an experienced, driven professional with a passion for technology and building customer relationships to join our growing team as an Accounts Assistant.
About the role
The successful candidate will take responsibility for supervising all aspects of purchase and sales ledger invoice processing, including account reconciliations and problem resolution
The Accounts Assistant will be required to:-
- To post transactions to all ledgers as required in multiple currencies as necessary.
- Input to the cash forecast for all areas of cost and expense they are responsible for.
- Liaison with customers, suppliers, banks and auditors as necessary.
- Liaison with all internal departments including management and directors.
- Monitoring and reconciliation of customer leasing agreements and payments.
- Preparation of various ad-hoc management reports.
- To ensure all record archiving is in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- Maintenance of clean, accurate data in both ERP and Intranet environment.
- Assist in preparing monthly management accounts.
- Assist in preparing key management reports for board of directors.
- Assist in preparing statutory accounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accruals and prepayments.
- Journal postings.
What we’d like from you
To deliver the best for our customers, the people in Team GCI also need to be the best. Therefore, we look for colleagues who demonstrate dedication and passion to a shared goal, who work well with others and who genuinely love what they do. A willingness to learn and quickly adapt is a must, as well as the drive to succeed.
Other qualities specific to this role include:
- At least five years accounting experience.
- Strong system skills including MS Office.
- Studying towards a Professional Accounting qualification i.e. AAT is desirable
- Results Orientated - With and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Highly accurate with a good attention to detail.
- Detailed in approach with strong analytical skills.
- Persuasive/Negotiation – Demonstrates the ability to influence at all levels to interact with suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Has an appetite to learn and develop new skills.
- Can do, positive attitude.
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of Team GCI, then don’t hesitate to apply now!
What you can expect from us in return
At GCI, we think it’s important to look after our employees. In addition to a competitive salary, supportive teams and real chance to progress your career, we offer a range of benefits which include:
- Holiday: 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days with length of service
- Flexible working: It’s important to maintain a healthy work/life balance. GCI will consider any written request for flexible working
- Virtual working: We practice what we preach and empower our people to work virtually
- Top tech: We don’t just keep our services and solutions for our customers. That means best-of-breed software and hardware for all our staff
- Life assurance: Employees receive life assurance cover of 4x their annual salary, to be paid to a nominated next of kin in the event of death
- Health cash plan: All staff are eligible for our health cash plan, which includes money back for optical and dental treatments
- Retail discounts and other perks: A “thanks” from GCI for a job well done, this scheme offers freebies and discounts for hundreds of major brands
- Volunteering: We believe in supporting and encouraging all our staff to participate in activities that support charities and aid organisations, so we provide 1.5 days’ paid leave per year to enable them to give back.
Why choose a career with GCI?
At GCI, we have several goals. We’re one of the UK’s fastest-growing MSPs and want to continue to keep growing. We’re a leading Converged ICT Services Provider and want to keep expanding our product portfolio and customer base. But most importantly of all, we want to continue to provide the very best technological solutions to our customers in order to help them achieve digital transformation. And underpinning this is more than 500 talented professionals whose hard work is recognised and rewarded accordingly.
GCI recognise the importance in creating an environment that supports personal development to enable individuals to reach their full potential. With so many varied roles across the company, an excellent Apprenticeship Scheme and various training and development programmes available, at GCI the opportunities for growth are endless.
A note for agencies
GCI have a world-class, in-house Recruitment Team who work hard to successfully find the very best candidates. Therefore, unfortunately we cannot accept any agency submissions for any of our roles.