The Royal Marine sits in the heart of Yeovil and could be the opportunity you have been waiting for! The pub has a big community following and is a wet led pub taking on average 5k a week. It's also home to a local pool team, darts team and skittles team for both men and women. The Royal Marine is a two room operation with a traditional old style lounge and bar, a decked garden area, as well as a fully fitted skittles alley which has its own room.
About the agreement:
Our retail agreement is ideal for someone looking to run their own pub business for a small in-going fee. Income is based on a percentage of the pub’s weekly sales, so the more you grow the business, the more you can earn.
- Self-employed opportunity
- Five year, rent free agreement
- Take home between 20% to 25% of the total weekly turnover
- Fully tied to Marston’s for all beers, wines, spirits and minerals however, all wet and food stock is supplied and paid for by Marston's
- Marston's pay for the utility bills (excluding council tax), repairs and provide fixtures and fittings
- Induction training is provided together with additional on-going training, a support package and a dedicated area operations manager to help you develop your business
Retail Partners are responsible for:
- Employing all staff, and responsible for staff costs and employments matters
- Council Tax on private residential accommodation and all insurance costs (excluding building insurance)
- £5,000 security deposit + £360 legal fees apply (including VAT)
- Obtaining proof of independent professional advice from a qualified accountant and a qualified solicitor at their own cost before entering into a full agreement
- Obtaining a Personal License
- Completing Pre-Entry Awareness Training (Optional)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a strong operator who looking to be the pinnacle of the local community, has a passion for sports and who will take the Royal Marine to the next level.
Did you know?
Marston’s has a wide range of opportunities for a wide range of people, but one thing’s for sure, our passion for pubs is at the heart of all we do. We’ve got 183 years of experience in brewing beer and running a range of successful pubs throughout the UK, so you could say we’ve got a pretty good track record!