Opening early 2020 Lavershot Barns will be an upmarket retail experience. A new exciting farm shop with butchers, delicatessen, fresh produce, fine wines, confectionary and much more. In addition, there will also be will an upmarket spacious 150 cover restaurant with outside courtyard, serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
We are now recruiting for a Restaurant Manager to manage and oversee our restaurant operation. To be successful in this post you will have the experience to lead a new and vibrant team, with a passion for being part of a team, providing exciting, regional food and outstanding customer service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to come on board at the development stage of this project and to be actively involved and shape the future direction of the restaurant operation.
As well as the management and development of staff, the post holder will work closely with the Head Chef as part of a team directly responsible for the ‘financials’ of the restaurant including the achievement of budgeted sales, margins and the control of costs for the front of house.
The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for the following:
· Recruitment, induction and training and development of all front of house staff.
· Managing all aspects of the restaurant operations on a day to day basis including people management and service provision.
· Working with the Head Chef to create an exciting menu using regional and seasonal produce where possible
· Ensuring an efficient and pleasurable experience for all customers and work colleagues
· Ensuring all relevant legislation and policies in relation to health and safety, food hygiene and people management are strictly adhered to
· Achieving a profitable business within budgetary constraints
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Previous experience of running a similar restaurant operation involving a team of 10 + staff
· A working knowledge of budgetary control and putting in place effective mechanisms to achieve this
· A proactive attitude and an ability to lead and engage a team in a busy work environment
· Excellent planning and communication skills
This is a full-time role working a 40-hour week.
The operation will run 7 days a week including some evenings and there is therefore a core requirement to be able to work flexibly including working weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
· Food Hygiene (Required)
· Health & Safety (Required)
· Management experience: 3 years (Preferred)
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: