‘Specialised in Challenging Behaviours’
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Salary Kent Range 4, £12,011 to £12,775 actual annual salary (£17,498 to £18,611 full time equivalent).
Are you someone who loves a challenge? Are you interested in working with one of the south east’s most dynamic multi academy trusts? Do you want to transform the lives of young people in an underperforming school?
Support staff in schools make a strong contribution to pupils’ learning and achievement. Teaching Assistants provide support to the SENCo and classroom teachers allowing them to make effective use of their time, professional knowledge, skills and understanding.
Join us and benefit from
- Positive pupils who are extremely loyal to staff
- Support from trust specialist leaders of education
- Good train links with Maidstone and Rochester
- Positive working environment
- Modern buildings with excellent facilities.
We are looking for candidates who will
- Assist teacher/SENCo with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of students.
- Support the students, either individually or in groups, in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher or SENCo to enable students’ progress towards their targets.
- Be aware of and support differences of students’ individual needs and equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Liaise with SENCo for information and guidance on supporting student’s individual needs.
- Carry out small group interventions, for example; social use of language, SP, EAL and language programmes etc.
- Be aware at all times of the SEN Register and planned provision for individual students, when necessary.
Proven experience of working with primary or secondary aged children with ASD/ADHD and challenging behaviours
- GCSE Maths and English at C or above or equivalent level 2 qualification
- Knowledge and proven experience of working with children with SEN
- Recent experience of working with Primary or Secondary school children
- Good ICT skills
- Ability to exchange of information both verbally and in writing with staff and suppliers.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security, equal opportunities and confidentiality.
Apply online or download an application pack from the vacancies link of our website www.holmesdale.kent.sch.uk and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We welcome potential candidates to come for an informal visit before applying. If you would like to arrange a visit please contact the HR Department at email@example.com
Closing date: 21 November 2019
Interviews: As and when candidates are avaliable
The Holmesdale School is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of all children and young people. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, CV, Occupational Health and Teaching Agency check as well as receipt of two satisfactory references.
Candidates will be contacted if they are successfully shortlisted for interview.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: