Mechanincal Engineer - Permanent Role - £36,000
My Client is seeking an advanced Mechanical Engineer for their team of highly skilled multi-craft technicians at a major manufacturing facility in Stafford, England.
This position is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance and reactive repair on industrial grade facility-related equipment and systems, including mechanical equipment, cooling towers, plumbing, pumps, motors, piping, fuel & oil systems, gas boilers, radiant heating, effluent drain systems, pump houses
The successful candidate must have the ability to identify and correct any operational and/or safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. Successful candidates demonstrate strong mechanical aptitude and commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
* Troubleshoot and repair mechanical / electrical equipment such as pumps, motors, bearings, air handlers, exhaust fans, gearboxes, etc.
* Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic and electronic controls systems.
* Troubleshoot and repair equipment and fixtures for water, gas, compressed air, fuel/oil, sewage, fire sprinkler/prevention.
* Perform basic pipefitting repairs for water and compressed air systems.
* Troubleshoot and repair basic electrical issues in relation to the working of mechanical systems i.e pumps, motors etc…..
* Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, adjustments & alignments, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
* Complete necessary work order documentation as required in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Maximo.
* Provide service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
* Recommend measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
* Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
* Safely perform functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as risk assessments and lockout/tagout procedures, working safely at heights, and wearing PPE as required.
* Operate various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
* Operate a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
* Maintain a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
* Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
* NVQ level 3 in mechanical/manufacturing engineering
* Three to Five years of experience in facilities, or equipment in a large commercial or industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
* HNC in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or related skilled trade program.
* Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing large scale plumbing systems.
* Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing facility mechanical systems, such as air handlers, to OEM specifications.
* Experience troubleshooting pumps and motors.
* Experience working in a CMMS environment.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: