Our Client gives people the key to all the possibilities that come with a good home. They build, sell, rent and manage quality homes in thriving communities. They are an award-winning housing association with over 45 years' experience of providing affordable homes. They own and manage over 20,000 homes across London, Hertfordshire and the South East and have an annual turnover of over £230 million.
Our Client has a great opportunity to join their team as a Senior Land Manager.
- Acquisition and development of land and new business opportunities including more complex development schemes.
- Identifying significant development opportunities, taking them through negotiation and into contract, and then through the planning process where appropriate.
-Effective management of junior colleagues
- Deputise for the Head of New Business where necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
-Responsible for identifying and securing land and new business opportunities in line with the organisation's Growth Strategy (to include deals originated independently) including those sites of a larger and strategic/complex nature.
- Making recommendations for investment to Executive Team. Providing verbal and written reports as required.
- Responsibility for managing scheme budgets.
-Undertake complex financial appraisals on mixed tenure developments in line with internal procedures.
- Manage external lawyers to develop legal structures to address the needs of innovative schemes.
- Manage project teams, including consultants and solicitors, to ensure individual projects are secured in line with internal procedures and policies.
-Manage projects through the planning process, including negotiation of Section 106 agreements.
- Maintain and develop effective relationships with a range of external stakeholders who might include LocalAuthorities, GLA / Homes England, land agents, private land owners, consultants, housebuilders, developers and other key stakeholders.
-Communicate and consult with internal stakeholders regarding potential developments in accordance with internal procedures and policies.
- Ensure project risk registers are reviewed and risk mitigated at appropriate frequencies.
-Liaise closely with our Construction team to ensure projects are passed over in an orderly fashion with a fully updated audit file.
-Manage project records, scheme cash flows and key documents in line with internal procedures and legislative requirements.
-Act as line manager to junior colleagues with responsibility for workstreams or projects. Provide technical direction and day to day management of activities and deputise for the Head of New Business when required.
- Contribute to corporate planning and departmental strategy.
- Assist senior management team in fostering a continuous improvement culture, operating a qualitymanagement system and developing innovation within the wider team.
Adopt and comply with Network values, policies and procedures, and regulatory frameworks including:
- Code of Conduct
- Health & Safety
- Data Protection, privacy and use of IT resources
- Regulatory standards and probity
- Risks and internal controls framework
- Human Resources policies and procedures
- Equality and diversity
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Burton Recruitment Limited
£35000 - £45000/annum Dependent on experience + Bonus
more details »