Element has an opportunity for a Technical Lead to join our growing technical team. The successful candidate can be based from one of the following labs – Malvern or Wimborne. Responsible for a variety of activities, this role will help to ensure best practice, while also further improving processes in order to drive efficiency improvements.
- To design new measurement methods where procedures do not cover exact nature of testing being carried out and maintain an awareness of new test requirements
- Provide ongoing technical training for the EMC division and carry out technical audits to ensure ongoing competency
- Provide technical training and consultancy across the group, both internal, external & revenue generating
- To represent the company at trade association meetings as appropriate
- Review standards and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Monitor new EMC specifications and apply for UKAS extensions as necessary
- Support accreditations & laboratory listings, such as DEF STAN, RTCA/DO-160 and MIL-STD
- To facilitate, co-ordinate and support UKAS assessments for EMC activities
- To co-ordinate, issue and maintain a record of test specifications to the test staff
- Update and maintain engineer competencies, database and training
- To familiarise themselves with test equipment functions, measurement and calibration techniques
- Assist with day-to-day laboratory calibrations
- Support & maintain test software, perform validations & facilitate driver support for wide ranging test equipment
- Maintain visibility at Element sites and liaise with engineers for technical support
- Coordinate inter-site comparisons performed for the two Mil/Aero sites and undertake trend analysis
- Facilitate the design & build test fixtures when needs arise, or further improve processes & practices to drive efficiency improvements
- Support all technical test staff, sales and customer projects across the group / divisions for EMC
- Support the specification of new test equipment requirements, evaluate product demo’s and maintain existing equipment as ‘fit-for-purpose’
- Ad hoc support across divisional activities and be able to react in a suitable timeframe to support business, customer & projects requirements
- To ensure that commercial confidentiality is maintained
- To carry out any other reasonable duty as directed by the senior managers of the Company
- To maintain a technical logbook
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience within the electronics industry
- Knowledge of EMC testing/design principles is highly advantageous
- Security clearance is required for this role, and as such candidates must have lived in the UK throughout the last 5 years
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration businesses in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world’s most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
- Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
- Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
- Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
- Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.