Your new employer is Covance Inc., the drug development business of LabCorp®, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real®. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve.
Covance are seeking a Sample Coordinator to join the Clinical Operations Team within the European Centre of Excellence in the heart of Leeds, West Yorkshire. You do not need a medical/scientific background for this position, we will provide you with comprehensive training and support.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Prepare, label, store, pack and dispatch samples to external laboratories in accordance with federal regulations.
- Learn and apply correct shipping procedures according to international regulations for biohazardous and dangerous goods.
- Complete all related documentation. Tracks and documents PK sample shipments.
- Organize and communicate sample dispatch dates.
- Formulates specimen codes from protocol and prints labels.
- Labels and sets up specimen containers.
- Obtains body substances for testing in the approved manner. These substances may include blood, saliva, sputum, urine, and stool.
- Uses universal precautions when handling specimens.
- Assist with the maintenance, testing, calibration and cleaning of clinical equipment within the Clinical Operations department.
- Monitor temperature and organize refrigerator and freezer space. Arrange for clinical samples to be archived as required.
- Operates and maintains centrifuges, as required.
Skills and Experience Required for this Role
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A levels or equivalent education.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: A levels or equivalent.