Topps is an international publisher of collectables delighting fans of all ages around the world.
Our core business is in trading cards and stickers holding global licenses such as UEFA Champions League, Bundesliga, Star Wars and WWE. MATCH ATTAX has been our most famous brand in most European countries.
We are looking for a highly motivated
Social Media Manager Europe (m/f/d)
The Social Media Manager will be an integral part of Topps Sports and Entertainment Marketing and Sales team.
Purpose of the role
- Develop the social media content & marketing strategies for the European markets aligned with overall business objectives.
- Responsible for all Topps Social Media channels on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube outside of the US & Canada.
- Create innovative and comprehensive social media campaigns for each retail and e-commerce product releases
- Manage and execute the content calendar in line with product releases, events, player appearances, e-commerce promotions and other business initiatives.
- Handle content creative for social media channels and campaigns in line with brand and licensor guidelines.
- Work with Brand Managers and the Marketing team to ensure promotional messaging is consistent with all other product messaging
- Create and monitor social media advertising campaigns across all markets, working with stakeholders in the territories to ensure meeting key objectives.
- Consult and approve all campaigns from digital agencies in all markets.
- Establish relationships with influencers, agencies, agents and other promotional partners and use these relationships to amplify content, product awareness and sales.
- Work closely with licensors on appropriate content for their social media channels and generate maximum exposure for the brand and product
- Report on social media analytics and KPI progress to business stakeholders. Handle customer service replies in accordance with the tone of voice established by the customer service team
- Generate original ideas for maximizing social media awareness, both in-product and online
- Stay up-to-date with new social media initiatives, behaviours and platforms and report how these opportunities could benefit the business
- Full responsibility for the social media and content budget
- Develop the social media strategy for the European region
- Collaborate to develop and maintain social media budgets KPI and traffic forecasts
- Collaborate with CMO and marketing directors to develop social media content strategies
- Create a social media strategy working with cross-functional teams, oversee all social media channels for the European region
- Conduct market research to better inform strategy and tactics
- Working under pressure with talent, able to adapt quickly and create bespoke social media posts.
- Ability to work autonomously and across different campaigns at the same time.
- Ensure that all opportunities are fully exploited
- Utilize internal functional areas of expertise within the broader cross-functional teams in order to inform decision making and achieve business objectives
- Work with CMO, the marketing and cross-functional teams to ensure collaboration on all aspects of social media strategy and tactics
- Establish KPIs to monitor overall health of the business
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in marketing, business, or related field
- 3+ years in social media or online marketing
- Experience of working in comparable industries with a strong relevant network is essential
- Wide business knowledge and understanding of a number of disciplines including social media, content, SEO, SEA, analytics, UX and mobile marketing
- Ability to instigate and maintain productive relationships, to gain buy-in and credibility at all levels internally and externally.
- Working with external partners to amplify social media reach through all available channels.
- Experience of developing social media campaign and budgets and establishing KPIs
- Proven track record of success in delivering on social media & content campaigns and KPIs
- Flexibility to travel across Europe regularly
- Tenacity and persistence when seeking new business opportunities
- Entrepreneurial characteristics including self-belief, passion, tenacity, persistence, risk taking
- Fluent in English – German and other European languages are a plus
- The candidate should have excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Photographic skills and previous experience working in a sales or marketing office environment would be preferred.
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer EMEA (CMO)
Location: Milton Keynes (UK) or Frankfurt (Germany)
Please attach your CV and references to the application.