Abbi Carmody is recruiting for a Shift Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management organisation based in the West Midlands. This is a full time, permanent postion based at our clients site in Brownhills.
Site Chemist Duties:
· To receive, conformance check, label and complete associated paperwork within scope of the acceptance, storage and despatch of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes.
· To sample, compatibility test, batch and supervise bulking/stabilisation processing of waste materials.
The right candidate must have experience of:
· Sampling and checking of containerised waste (drum reception)
· Checking and completion of incoming and outgoing waste paperwork
· Preparation of waste labels for incoming and outgoing wastes
· Compatibility testing and batching of waste materials for processing
· Supervising bulking and blending operations
For this role you will require the following qualifications, skills and experience:
You must have a HND or higher in Chemistry (or related subject).
· Ability to work safely and set this example to others
· Ability to communicate well with others
· Be comfortable working within a team and contributing to its success
· Be comfortable working on your own using your own initiative
· Ability to work logically and make reasoned decisions based on experience and objective information
· Computer literate with fluency in all Microsoft applications
Qualifications that would be advantageous
· Health and safety training, for example IOSH
· Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck licence
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47008 in all correspondence.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£43000/annum Overtime Opportunities + Pension + Training O
more details »