Biffa are on the lookout for a Shift Electrical Technician to work from our Edmonton Recycling MRF. The role holder will effectively and efficiently respond to all operational engineering needs, as directed by the Engineering Supervisor, to reduce operational downtime. To ensure health and safety requirements are always considered and executed.
1. Comply fully with all safety instructions, policies and procedure to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and all others present
2. Where necessary supervise a team of contractors and ensure work is carried out to the standard required
3. Support the Engineering Supervisor in the development of other team members skills and abilities
4. Carry out problem solving activities on the plant and machinery to identify faults and rectify them
5. Carry out maintenance, both preventative and breakdown, on all equipment on the site to reduce operational down time
6. Take part in Root Cause Analysis activities (RCA) to identify the cause of failures and actions to prevent future failures increasing plant up time
7. Proactively identify potential faults and improvement opportunities on the plant and equipment to prevent future failures or to identify more efficient methods of work
8. Use the CMMS fully as per the company procedures to promote timely reaction to work requests, build equipment history and promote effective stock control and record material usage
9. Maintain the workplace, tools and engineering facilities to prevent hazard and risks in the workplace and to promote effective engineering practices
NATURE AND SCOPE
The position reports to the Engineering Supervisor and is responsible for carrying out all maintenance activities on the plant, preventative and reactive.
The Engineering Manager has the line management duties.
Highly knowledgeable in electrical maintenance
Displays personal commitment to safety
Leads by example
Proactive and positive attitude
Willing to learn new skills
Able to stay calm under pressure
Able to tolerate a significant amount of routine work
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.
We’re committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
Biffa – Valuing Difference:
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Biffa is therefore committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas and places great importance on ensuring it is a diverse and fulfilling place to work.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: