At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it's one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology - and each other to surpass these boundaries - we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The **Finance Manager** **will** support our Core UK business. This resource will act as part of the Business Partnering team to provide financial support to the BTEC & Apprenticeship division to drive overall performance.
This individual will be joining a very active and dedicated team of professionals. We are looking for someone that is willing to take initiative, dive in head-first, and tackle the new and exciting challenges this current business environment has provided us.
* Support Finance Director, BTEC & Apprenticeships as a business partner and advisor to the BTEC and Apprenticeship Senior Management Team, advising on financial matters and ensuring delivery of business and operational objectives.
* Support Finance Director, BTEC & Apprenticeships in providing insight and analysis to the business to aid forward looking decision making and financial planning.
* Oversight of actual monthly results and KPIs and informed and insightful commentary thereon.
* Highlight key divisional risks and opportunities.
* Support decisions on project and portfolio investments, ensuring they are measured against financial targets.
* Identify and address operational improvement and cost saving opportunities. Contribute and support to Finance transformation initiatives as required.
* Develop and review financial business cases supporting the divisional directors, with support from other teams at PFS where required. Support decisions on pipeline investments, ensuring they are measured against financial targets.
* Work collaboratively with the BTEC & Apprenticeships Senior Management Team and PFS to deliver key reporting, planning and forecasting processes providing accurate and timely future facing data on which to base decisions.
* Understand the businesses regulatory and audit requirements and ensure they are adhered to.
* Effective partnering and financial support for the BTEC & Apprenticeships Senior Management team
* Improved forecasting and planning efficiency and accuracy
* Timely and accurate support on investment decisions and business cases
* Performance against objectives
* Effective involvement of other teams at PFs, as appropriate, to help drive transition to the Pearson Finance Target Operating Model
* Leverage of analytics tools to focus organisation on value-added activities
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
**Qualifications and experience required:**
-Qualified accountant with demonstrable experience in management accounting role
-Strong commercial understanding and awareness
-Understanding of materiality and ability to prioritise across competing agendas
-Ability to identify business risks and help drive implementation of tactics to mitigate
-Understanding of finance specialist areas: tax, treasury, M&A, compliance, corporate governance and ability to utilise proper judgement to involve them as necessary.
-Experience working in a multi-national matrix organisation an advantage
-Communication: strong verbal and written skills within finance, across the organisation and with external parties
-Influence: presence and confidence to interact with senior management. Ability to leverage influence across teams and cultures
-Collaboration: with other internal teams
-Decision Making: understanding materiality, complex and uncertain situations and prioritisation
-Time Management: ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines, producing a high standard of work with attention to detail
-Analytics focused: organising information and manipulating data to identify/explain trends, problems and mitigating actions
-Fluent English speaker
**Primary Location:** GB-GB-Belfast
**Work Locations:** GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
**Organization:** Technology & Operations
**Employee Status:** Regular Employee
**Job Type:** Standard
**Shift:** Day Job
**Job Posting:** Nov 13, 2019
**Job Unposting:** Ongoing
**Schedule:** Full-time Regular
**Req ID:** 1914884
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.