I'm partnering with a Software House in Nottingham to help them to hire an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT applications, whilst remaining hands on in delivering these solutions.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of the desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Approve final product before launch
- Proven experience as a Software Architect
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (Particular C# and .NET)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field