Biffa is currently on the lookout for a Shift Fitter at our Poplars AD plant reporting to the Engineering Manager. The role holder will efficiently carry out preventive and reactive maintenance, examination of and fault finding on the equipment and servicing activities on an anaerobic digestion plant, which will be a 24/7 operation (4 days on/off alternating 12 hours day and night),ensuring health & safety and environmental compliance and contributing to continuous improvement in productivity and plant availability.
Provide high operational availability, and an efficient breakdown repair service.
Diagnosis running faults and ensuring effective repairs and improvements are conducted within minimum time scale.
Carry out installation work to the required standards and minor maintenance operations to cogeneration plants.
Ensure productivity and availability exceeds minimum defined standards, whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and processing operations.
Develop and implement a programme of planned preventative maintenance and inspection to minimise downtime, provide records of recurrent faulting and develop engineered solutions to these issues.
To liaise with external contractors on specific repairs/maintenance work.
Keep abreast of changes to health & safety, environmental legislation and Company policies and procedures to ensure defined standards and best practice are implemented
Review maintenance activities, implementing necessary corrective actions as required.
NATURE AND SCOPE
• Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all process plant at of Poplars AD plant.
• Must have good man management skills and be able to stay focussed in a tough and demanding environment. Role often requires a fast reactive response to critical issues which need diagnosing and rectifying ASAP.
• Reports to Shift Supervisor, although must interact with Engineering Manager.
• Main role challenges are continuing focus on uptime and reliability of the plant. Ensuring H&S and legislative requirements and rules/policies are met and managing a high paced production plant.
• Liaise with the Shift Supervisor in planning any downtime so as to minimise the impact to the production.
• 2 years’ experience as Electrical or Mechanical Fitter (or position of similar responsibility ideally in a green waste/water treatment process plant or similar)
• Proven track record of working to clearly defined KPI’s
• Proven track record of delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment
• Implementation of new processes and developments
• Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical process environment
• Electrical or Mechanical engineering
• Experience of fault tracing and diagnosis to root cause
• Experience intemporary repairs to reach next allocated maintenance window
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that’s based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We’re very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You’ll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.
We’re committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You’ll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
Biffa – Valuing Difference:
We believe that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. Biffa is therefore committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas and places great importance on ensuring it is a diverse and fulfilling place to work.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Pertemps West Bromwich Industrial & Commercial Temps
£27000 - £29000 per annum
more details »