Full time teacher of Computing & Maths
Oracle School is small, but growing, successful independent special school that offers creative and bespoke provision that builds safer lives and better futures for its pupils.
Are you someone who loves to be challenged to find a solution? Are you able to use your creativity and enthusiasm to help our pupils meet their inherent potential? If so our pupils would love to hear from you.
Over the last few years Oracle school has built up an excellent reputation with local authorities across Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire, as well as local parents and parent groups. As such we are growing in pupil numbers and building our staff team to ensure our pupils are able to learn the skills they require for the world of work in later life. We are currently recruiting a Teacher of Computing and Maths for our school based at Wrest Park, Silsoe, Bedfordshire. We are a member of the Independent Schools Association and inspected by ISI most recently as Good. We provide education packages for young people aged 8 to 18 with Special Educational Needs and Disability including those with moderate learning difficulties, Autism and Attachment needs. The school has a great team of staff who are pleasure to work with and we are keen to find the right candidate to join us.
• Your role will be to plan and deliver memorable and creative lessons up to and including GCSE, to the highest standards and in line with Oracle’s vision and values.
• As an excellent practitioner, you will role model to the wider team a nurturing, creative, safe and fun environment for our young people to thrive in.
• Your commitment and passion for teaching will inspire young people to reach their full potential.
• With a track record of excellent outcomes, you will keep up to date with current legislations and regulations.
• You will be integral in helping the school drive forward its use of technology and digital skills across subject areas.
• You will champion and embody all seven elements of the Oracle model.
Requirements for the role:
• Qualified Teacher Status & experience of teaching computing / ICT / Maths
• Committed to fulfilling the potential of all students
• SEN experience including Autism & understanding of EHCP’s
• Able and willing to deliver additional subjects or activities.
• Superb and memorable pupils
• Career development through the companies Competency Framework
• Excellent training package, Employee Assistance Programme & Company Pension
Our pupils would like a teacher who:
• Knows their subject and can make the lesson fun.
• Has a sense of humour.
• Interested in us and helping us improve.
• When we find the work difficult, can explain it in a way that we can understand.
If you would like further information and discuss this opportunity further, please call the school.
Oracle Care & Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.
Shortlisting 26th November 2019
Interview 3rd December 2019
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£165 to £180 per day
more details »