We are Dematic, one of the world's largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It's our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region. We are experiencing double digit growth and we are now looking to add to this team with an experienced Consultant with excellent designing skills who is aspiring to join a business with passion and energy to help our realise our business potential.
Our sales process and ability to understand customer requirement and deliver an innovative solution against this requirement that drives our growth. This role plays a critical role in defining the customer requirement during the sales process.
You will provide customer-facing consulting capability to support the planning and sales of automated material handling systems in the intralogistics industry.
The role is to use a combination of factors in order to propose the most appropriate solutions to clients. These factors include an understanding of the clients' industries and industry drivers, the analysis of customers' business data, best practise DC design solutions in these industries together with an ability to develop innovative solutions, and an excellent understanding of the warehouse automation technology.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To work with the client and internal Dematic sales personnel to develop the appropriate warehousing concepts.
- To be able to analyse customer's business data and review and compare possible intralogistics solutions.
- To use knowledge of trends and drivers in our customer industries, as well as best practise automation solutions, to advise the customer and the Dematic sales and solution development teams.
- To design concepts including material flow diagrams, sizes and requirements of the functional areas, and the details and dimensioning of the technology to be used.
- To work with other members of the sales team to get the engineered solutions drawn up, priced and fully documented in order to help sell the system to respective clients.
For this role you will have an in-depth understanding of warehouse automation technology and operations; experience of data analysis; calculations and operation methodology. As this relates to automation technology, excellent communication skills are a prerequisite for this role to support customers in their drive to automate.