Tesco Technology are looking for a Cloud Engineer reporting into the Cloud Engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated DevOps focused engineer to join the team.
The role will involve being hands on with a focus on the availability and reliability of some of our most critical services whilst obsessively automating away operational burden. You will also be heavily involved in building our multi cloud strategy, platform and migrating workloads while developing standards and patterns for our engineering community.
Your key skills must include scripting, coding and automation as an enabler for our engineering teams to create new systems for scalable deployments and mission-critical operation of applications running on our cloud platform. Your role will have a focus on high availability, simplicity and scale, working comfortably within a collaborative, agile environment.
There is a mix of software, systems and automation engineering, networking, data, and DevOps engineering.
This is an individual contributor role that does not require people management.
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Experienced in working within an DevOps, Cloud or SRE function, with a focus on availability, reliability and automation.
- Working in an Agile team and understand the Scrum Cycle.
- Exposure or understanding of CI/CD pipelines and how these feed into a micro services architecture.
- Exposure or understanding of containerisation platforms like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift or Rancher.
- Experience designing and working with fault tolerant, highly available, high traffic/throughput, distributed, scalable systems.
- Keen to cultivate a culture of collaboration, innovation and bringing industry standards to everything we do.
- Knowledge of : Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, Private), Windows, Linux, Security and Networking and Storage.
- Proficient in scripting languages eg Power Shell, ARM, Cloud Formation, Terraform, UNIX Shell, Bash, Java, Node.JS or similar.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building, will be a key part of this role. You instinctively work in a collaborative way and are comfortable working with a wide range of colleagues.
- Have a passion for technology and can share that passion with others.
- Proactive and able to operate independently. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Flexible but persistent. You push for us to do the best for our customers and balance this with a sense of pragmatism when needed. You believe perfect is the enemy of production.
- You are resilient – you take ownership of seeing issues through to resolution whilst looking after yourself to be at your best.