Job objectives and responsibilities
The role reports to the Senior FBP, Dedicated Accounts and is part of the Engineering Services finance team. The role is extremely commercially focused, supporting contract managers, operations and business development teams. The key to being successful in this role is adding value – supporting growth targets by winning new business with the business development teams and working with operations to ensure we maximise revenue from existing clients and make sure we deliver our services as efficiently as possible, ensuring contract profitability is maximised and working capital management is optimised.
The FBP is pivotal in supporting the business. In working closely with the operational and business development teams and being a part of the day to day running of the business. The FBP will play a key role in ensuring ES delivers accurate reporting of the monthly results, ensuring they reflect the current performance of the business and driving initiatives as required. The FBP will be instrumental in compiling the annual operating plan, the quarterly forecasts and OGSP’s , as well as ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions, business cases and bid development - ensuring we understand how internal and external influences will impact the business and making the best decisions for the Mitie group as a whole.
The individual will be a part qualified accountant, newly qualified or qualified through experience, excellent analytical skills and an ability to understand and solve complex issues. The individual is a good communicator, have excellent stakeholder management skills and be an effective influencer, comfortable working in a matrix environment.
• Working with FSS to ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts ensuring integrity, accuracy, consistency and providing clear visibility of the financial health of the business units.
• Supporting FSS in the accurate accounting on accrued and deferred income on a monthly basis, with clear visibility and communication to the business on non-current debt.
• Understanding and challenging current business practice, identifying and implementing initiatives to improve process and deliver business growth objectives.
• Partnering with the business leads to prepare full annual operating plans and periodic forecasts.
• Support business development/sales teams to identify, track, review and financially appraise the sales pipeline.
• Close working relationship with FSS to ensure accurate and timely billing, efficient payroll reporting and driving improvements in the working capital.
• Being pro-active in identifying and implementing added value opportunities.
• Responsibility for managing the WIP process on sensitive contracts which remain managed in house.
• Detailed financial analysis and presentation of financial information to support decision making.
• Ad hoc analysis and presentation of complex financial information in response to senior management requests.
• Work closely with the Divisional senior management to help drive business performance and provide high quality financial information.
• Develop and report KPI’s relevant to the business.
• Support operations teams with cost management of client contract costs.
• Identify and drive financial efficiency ensuring the correct allocation of the Division’s resources.
• Provide objective challenge to the Division’s performance and plans.
• Provide forward looking insight utilising experience of the past and utilising financial and business skills.
• Undertake contract profitability analysis, providing insight to Operations on opportunities and risks.
• Develop business cases and support the bid process for new business.
• Support business adherence to group financial governance processes.
• Management, development, training and support to the individuals within the Dedicated finance team.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Recruitment Solutions North West LTD
From £25,000 to £35,000 per annum
more details »
Recruitment Solutions Ltd
£25,000 per annum
more details »