This position is a key member of the global Product Development team who will support all automation process activities globally and deliver on strategic company goals.
• Leads the transfer of newly developed assays from the development stage to routine practice in the laboratory (internally and externally) in a manner that is consistent with the goals of Oxford Immunotec, USA Inc., and in compliance with the Quality Management System.
• Providing leadership, inspiration, vision, and key decision making capabilities for the company’s automation team.
• Successful development, implementation, and validation of new equipment and automated processes in the laboratory.
Specific deliverables for the role include, but not limited to:
• Lead design and optimization work for automated immunoassay workflows for diagnostic applications
• Collaborate with program management, QA, QC, Development, and Marketing teams to ensure that proposed solutions meet customer needs
• Assess economic impact models for process usage and delivery to customers
• Support installation, validation, and maintenance of instrumentation platforms and automation suites
• Develop acceptance criteria and test methods to demonstrate new system performance
• Execute validations in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements
• Effectively develop and manage junior scientists and engineers within the Development group
• Act as a liaison between OI and equipment vendors. Responsible for equipment purchase, installation, service contracts, etc.
• Responsible for training Technical Support and Sales teams in automated platforms (includes development of SOPs and training materials)
• Deliver demonstrations of automation solutions for key customers
• Pioneer new approaches to streamlining and simplifying T-SPOT workflow
• Support Product Development department in coordinating and timely execution of development milestones, product launches, new product and process development, line extensions, and support of existing products.
• BS in Engineering or life sciences, preferably Biotechnology or Biochemistry, Master’s degree or higher preferred
• 6+ years of experience in a laboratory setting
• Must have experience with automation and instrumentation (development and launch)
• Previous experience in liquid handling automation, tube labeling and scanning, sample handling automation, and integrated robotic systems is highly desirable
• Must have experience leading and delivering on complex interdepartmental projects
• Familiarity with Quality System concepts and CLIA requirements
• Experience working with FDA-regulated products is strongly preferred
• Requires analytical skills to plan, design, or enhance complex systems and programs, resolve problems requiring a comprehensive awareness of automation and scientific fields
• Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of personal & professional initiative
• Problem solving ability - able to develop creative, practical solutions that meet business objectives
• Ability to work in a global, multicultural collaborative team environment
• Strong organizational management; able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Shows proactivity in identifying and then overcoming problems.
• Knows how their role fits in with the whole process
• Takes responsibility for delivering the required results to the required standards
• Acknowledges the importance of high standards and works to get things right first time every time
• Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
The physical demands described within the Overall Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
OI Competence Level
Foundation Level Essentials
• Working to Oxford Immunotec’s Company Values at all times
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: