Altran is recruiting for a Project Manager to join the team in our Bath office.
As a global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), Altran offers its clients a new way to innovate by developing the products and services of tomorrow. Altran works alongside its clients on every link in the value chain of their project, from conception to industrialisation. For over thirty years, the Group has provided its expertise to key players in the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Energy, Finance, Life Sciences, Railway and Telecoms sectors, among others. In 2016, the Altran group generated revenues of €2.120bn. With a headcount of more than 30,000 employees, Altran is present in more than 20 countries.
Your accountability will span the full breadth of project management including scope and schedule management, finance, risk, quality and resourcing for projects; it will encompass the entire project lifecycle from proposal to project completion. In our aerospace and defence sector, you will be managing a number of projects simultaneously through our engineering services frameworks.
* Ensuring that clients and project teams share a common understanding of project objectives
* Defining and managing project scope, including change control and configuration management
* Ensuring that the project budgets are defined and sustainable
* Preparing and maintaining project plans
* Working with the Technical Managers to manage resourcing of project teams
* Identifying and managing risks and issues; monitoring, resolving and escalating as appropriate
* Managing project finances, including budgeting, tracking, invoicing and reporting
* Establishing and maintaining effective communication and reporting with both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
* Managing subcontractors as needed
* Support to bidding activities; estimating all project costs and compiling effective solutions for our clients.
* Building and maintaining a strong culture of delivering value to clients
* Other activities as deemed appropriate by your Portfolio Manager.
* Ability to demonstrate a commitment to developing your career in project management.
* Experience of direct project management gained preferably on projects within engineering disciplines
* Understanding and application of the project management principles. Experience of agile methods would also be desirable
* Ability to demonstrate having delivered projects in complex commercial environments, such as Integrated Project Teams, consortia, or other integrated client/supplier collaborations, with an appreciation of the challenges and opportunities that these structures bring. An understanding of the challenges of delivering multi-site and multi-national projects is also valuable.
* You will be supported in evaluating your training needs, which will be addressed through a mixture of on-the-job learning and formal project management training. Altran UK aligns the professional development of its Project Managers with the APM.
Skills, Knowledge and Behavioural Competences:
* Well-developed interpersonal skills such as communication, leadership and conflict management; able to engage and motivate your teams
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills, be self-motivated and able to use initiative, be organised with good time management and prioritisation
* Strong analytical and numerical skills able to produce workable solutions to problems
* Excellent attention to detail and written communication skills
* Flexible, able to adapt to changing client and/or business needs
* Knowledge of project management methodologies and bodies of knowledge such as PRINCE2, the Praxis Framework, PMBOK, APMBOK etc
* Competent in the use of project planning tools including Primavera, MS Project or equivalent, as well as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
* Knowledge of engineering lifecycles/methodologies including Waterfall, ‘V’ and agile lifecycles
* Knowledge of the Shipley bid winning process or similar would be an advantage
* Basic understanding of contract law in the engineering services industry
* Candidates should be willing to undertake the security vetting process
The successful candidate will be welcomed with an induction programme and a buddy system along with access to a mentoring scheme and regular informal review meetings, to support on-going individual learning and development efforts.
In addition to culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, flexible working, a fantastic employee referral scheme, private healthcare and generous holiday allowance.