If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Since our launch back in 1982 we have taken the sports retail world by storm. With over 500 stores both at home here in the UK and in over 19 European countries as well as a full multi-channel retail website - we are still growing. At SPORTSDIRECT.com we pride ourselves on progression and development of our staff and many of our staff at Head Office have joined us from other areas of the business and have been here for a number of years. In the current retail world that's quite unique and we invite you to be a part of it.
We are seeking a Junior Database Administrator to join us in our growing Data Infrastructure & Engineering team; to help support, administrate, and secure our key databases.
The team you will join:
The team consists of four core individuals (1x Data Architect, 1x Snr. DBA, 1x Data Engineer, and 1x BI Engineer), and provides, support, maintenance, and development for data infrastructure across Oracle, SQL-Server, Snowflake, SQL-Server Services (i.e., SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), and Power BI; in both on-premises and Azure environments.
As a Junior DBA, you will:
* Design, install, maintain, upgrade, administrate, secure, backup and recover the Group's databases across production, non-production, and testing environments
* Work closely with engineers; and analysts to define and resolve information flow, and content issues, helping to enable and support the transformation of business requirements into database solutions; implementing robust, scalable applications and queries that interface with key databases
* Monitor and analyse performance metrics and then allocate database resources to achieve optimum database performance.
* Implement and perform backup and recovery procedures for the enterprise's databases and help develop the tools and techniques that allow users to access data in a secure environment.
As a Junior DBA, you will be responsible for:
* Working under direct supervision from the Senior DBA, you will be responsible for:
* Providing production support / database access 24x7, up to Level 3 for the development, production and testing environments
* Monitoring and analysing all aspects of database utilisation for the purposes of identifying and resolving performance issues, capacity planning, and efficiency improvements
* Identifying and troubleshooting issues around performance, accessibility, availability, and operability; escalating and communicating these when necessary