As one of the principal players in the world's financial markets, Citi is involved in conducting millions of trading events every day. We have a responsibility to the financial regulators, our clients and ourselves to identify and prevent fraudulent, malicious or erroneous behavior.
Citi is building a distributed data platform to drive its surveillance functions by acquiring the trading events and enrichment data required for a combination of rule-based and advanced feature-based surveillance algorithms. The volume and variety of data involved in these surveillances and the complexity of the algorithms results in one of most challenging and appropriate use cases for big data technologies.
Belfast is the global center for Citi's Trade Surveillance software development with the full SDLC from business requirements through to production support.
We are currently seeking a senior Capital Markets Data Analyst to work on the team's data sourcing. Collaborating directly with Trade Surveillance Project/Development Managers and upstream systems/data providers in Belfast and globally, this is a significant opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst with experience in modern data platforms and strong Capital Markets knowledge to move into a role with responsibility for delivery of the data to be used in next generation Market Abuse detection algorithms.
You will report into the Trade Surveillance global data sourcing manager, located in New York, and act as local Lead for Data Sourcing in Belfast
**In this role you will be responsible for:**
- Identifying, analyzing and interpreting data to meet business requirements and facilitate development of next generation surveillance algorithms
- building knowledge and understanding of transaction, reference and market data for specific asset classes
- Liaising with project/ development teams and providing support during program and project life cycles
- Interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques to identify trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Identifying and documenting Critical Data Elements used in Surveillances, Research and Analysis etc.
- Defining data quality rules for profiling for Critical Data Elements for data concepts like Positions, Trades, Reference Data
- Providing Level 3 support as required to resolve data issues and gaps
- Understanding current data processes and business requirements to help determine new and innovative ways to provide end-to-end solutions for compliance surveillance activities
**To be successful in this role you will need to have:**
- Experience as a data analyst in financial markets (Trading, Market Data or Compliance)
- Good understanding of capital markets and trade life cycle and understanding of key data concepts like Trades, Positions, Allocation, Client, Account etc.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases, SQL and analytical tools like Business Objects, Micro strategy etc.
- Technical expertise in defining data models and data mining
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, analyze and disseminate large volumes of data with attention to detail, accuracy, and data quality
- Experience working with BIGDATA technology, relational DBMS,'(tm)s like Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, SQL etc.
- Good understanding of database validations, constraints, syntax and data types.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and work effectively with little supervision
- Data analysis or data modelling experience a significant advantage
- Familiarity with project management, software development life cycle, excellent written and oral communication skills
**Additionally, the following attributes will be advantageous:**
- A strong degree in any mathematical subject including physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, finance / economics
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Prior work on cloud computing platforms
- Familiar with financial services compliance and/or regulatory environments
- Experience of working in an Agile delivery environment
IT Business Tech Specialist
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE at https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility.html .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE at http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_unformattedESQA508c.pdf .
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.