- Competitive salary + excellent bonus + company car + fuel card + overtime opportunities
- Monday - Friday working week
- Specialised training in domiciliary and dementia care
- In-house e-learning
- Considerate & value based working environment
- Personal development and career progression opportunities
Supporting branch manager in maintaining a high standard throughout the optical team in terms of dispensing and customer service. To promote Visioncall as a preferred supplier at opportune moments.
This is a mobile role that offers you far more than just a normal 9-5 Opticians job. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about doing the right thing for our patients and want more professional freedom than their current employer can offer. Working as part of a team, your role will play a major part within the business and help to make a real difference to our patient’s lives. You will travel to different locations/ nursing homes across the region, building engaged relationships with home care managers, nurses, care staff and their residents. We’re about empowering our people and mentoring them to develop and think for themselves, enabling them to really help elderly and vulnerable adults with their eye care needs.
The nature of this role requires a DBS check and a full UK driving licence.
Visioncall is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all employees.
- You will assist the Lead Optometrists and Senior Management in the training and development of the dispensing team and being proactive in learning and teaching new skills and techniques
- You will support training of any new members of staff when required, helping develop and maintain Visioncall best practice
- Assist the team with any issues and/ or problem solving required
- Taking responsibility for dispensing and fitting of our partially sighted/ registered blind patients
- You will interpret Optical prescriptions written by Optometrists
- Give advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling
- Representing Visioncall and informing customers about Visioncall's service in a professional manner
- Ensuring that all customers feel comfortable and respected
- Ensuring all administration is efficiently processed in a timely manner
- You will keep the patient database up-to-date at all times
- Demonstrating an understanding of GOS Regulations and voucher values.
- You will demonstrate an understanding of best practice concerning use of all equipment
- You will ensure clinics are prepared with sufficient equipment and paperwork
- Actively participating in team meeting concerns action plans; creatively suggesting ideas for exceeding sales targets and opportunities for improvement.
- Providing information, maintain records and carrying out all duties in an accurate, efficient and timely manner, and in accordance with current Data Protection Policies.
- Improving the image and reputation of the Company whilst supporting its commercial interests
- Complying with good Health and Safety practice, all statutory requirements, Company Policies and standard procedures
- You will communicate and liaise with clinical team and branch staff on a regular basis
- Undertaking any other tasks that may be reasonably required
Preferable Knowledge and Experience:
- Optical experience with Domiciliary Sector
- Frame fitting
- Face and frame measurements
- Prescription analysis
- Dispensing SV, DV, Bifocals, Varifocals, Prism
- Knowledge of GOS Regulations and voucher values
- Successful completion of in-house training schemes
Competencies and Personal Attributes Needed:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Strong team player
- Highly motivated