Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space. Job Title
Head of Clinical Delivery Business Area / Department
BTS IAS Level
Senior hire Reporting to:
Operations Director Directly responsible for:
Working as part of the IAS Leadership Team to lead and manage the delivery of strategic and operational functions across clinical delivery.
Responsible for the performance, administration processes and functions involved in delivering PIP Assessments on behalf of the DWP.
Management of the Clinical Professional community across clinical functions within both front & back office.
Ensure operational capacity is in place to meet DWP demand and deliver services in line with contractual SLA.
Maximising the delivery of outputs from pre / post assessment and face to face delivery, in line with productivity and quality targets.
Develop best practices to increase optimisation and effective utilisation across IAS
The role is responsible for ensuring that the service delivered is of the highest quality, achieves our contractual obligations and delivers a supportive and positive claimant experience, headcount circa1300. Practical requirements:
Detail any practical elements required to undertake this role: (Travel / Physical requirements) e.g. Regular weekly travel to client site is expected.
Occasional accessing, lifting and moving of computer hardware around an office environment.
UK mobile with regular travel to Company, client, partner and other sites across the UK&I. Occasional overnight stays required.
You will be required to undergo and successfully gain a BPSS security clearance check in order to undertake this position. Working arrangements:
Please describe the possible options available for this role:
i.e. Part time / Full Time / Shift patterns / job share
Full Time Organisational Overview
Identify the business drivers and the context in which the role will operate now and in the future
Atos provides assessment services for claimants of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) benefit. This will gradually replace DLA (Disability Living Allowance) over the next few years.
Our delivery model encompasses both 'direct' delivery by Atos-employed HPs and a network of supply chain partners with their own practitioners.
Clinical Delivery is split into two functions known as Front office and Back office, The Head of Clinical Delivery will be responsible for all administrative and clinical services that sit within both functions. The Back-Office function provide paper based reports for a proportion of all PIP claims, respond to advice requests from DWP and carry out audit processes to assure the quality of our service across all assessments. The Back-Office services are delivered from our core administrative sites in Linwood, Capella and Stockton along with remote sites in Vauxhall, Newcastle and Brighton.
The Front Office Function carries out Face to Face PIP assessments across 69 assessment centres (388 rooms) throughout the UK, with a proportion of assessments being completed within the claimants home. Front Office also has a number of roles integral to the running of FO operations such as Site Co-ordinators (plus Seniors), Service Delivery Managers and Regional Service Delivery Managers.
A complex set of delivery KPIs and SLAs exist between Atos and the DWP; the Head of Clinical Delivery will have responsibility for achievement of those measures relating to both Front and Back office service delivery. Job Description (i.e. what is the role?)
- Describe core operational aspects of the job, (this is best in bullet point form)
Include information that is key to the role, for example the strategic objectives and direction of the business unit and how it fits into the wider organisational structure
Person Specification: (i.e. what skills you need to perform the role)
- As a member of the IAS LT, contribute to the development of the delivery strategy to meet current and future business needs.
- Provides leadership to senior management teams and operational teams across clinical delivery driving operational excellence and a shared, clear vision and strategic direction for the PIP Account. Champions the Company's values and sets authentic examples to optimise employee engagement.
- As part of the account forecasting and performance review cycle, provide an accurate forecast of performance and have a detailed understanding of performance against forecasts, SLAs and KPIs.
- Deliver to productivity and quality performance standards across the clinical delivery organization.
- Responsible for all aspects of the people lifecycle ensuring capacity is delivered in line with demand (i.e. recruitment, development, sickness absence management, engagement, attrition) by an engaged high performing workforce.
- Management and accountability for setting, monitoring and reviewing the budget for clinical delivery and controlling costs to budget, providing and developing plans to reduce cost.
- To establish and maintain effective relationships with key customer stakeholders which includes taking a lead role in operational reporting at customer meetings.
- Ensure all KPI's and SLA's, that are relevant across clinical delivery are met or exceeded.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement.
Essential / Minimum Criteria
- Mention any specific features e.g. languages, security clearance, the need to be on call etc.
- You should include skills, competencies, and behaviours required
Atos is a committed "Two Ticks" employer
Disabled applicants who meet these minimum requirements are guaranteed an interview.
Desirable Criteria Skill Level Description Autonomy, responsibility and authority
- Have previous experience managing an operation with a sizable headcount
- Ability to prioritize and focus upon key operational deliverables and activities and manage business stakeholders through this
- Have proven track record of building and leading multifaceted teams through excellent leadership traits resulting in the construction of a true "team culture" achieving effective communication / collaboration / knowledge sharing across teams
- Excellent operational, commercial and business management skills, including business case qualification, internal and external negotiation skills and the ability to manage and direct accordingly
- Full financial, budget management & forecasting experience is essential
- To be a collaborator but be able to demand answers
- Possess creative, innovative and entrepreneurial flair but retain a pragmatic and practical outlook by challenging issues and accounting for risk and consequence
Takes full professional responsibility, either as a division/functional manager, specialist or senior consultant, and is held fully accountable for all decisions taken. Influence
Is able to make a substantial impact on the profitability or operating efficiency of the employing organization(s). Significantly influences policy/process development. Complexity of Work
Is able to perform work which is mainly non-routine and often includes strategic decision making and/or the large-scale deployment of methods, processes and tools. Essential skills
Demonstrates competence in key areas of management and leadership expertise including: communication, staff direction and motivation, financial planning and control, operational excellence, quality management, risk analysis and the achievement of targets. Knowledge and scope of expertise
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of Operations and People Management. Learning & Development
Takes initiative to keep both own and subordinates skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments in the industry. Personal Specification
- Rigorous attention to detail with operational mind-set
- Enthusiasm, energy and a desire to make a difference - a passion to create, sell and deliver a single vision and culture
- Flexibility & adaptability to changing requirements dictated by business and customer demands
- Strong leadership skills to include situational leadership and a mindset of ownership
- A customer first outlook, capable of building and maintaining relationships at senior levels
- A focus on delivering quality solutions that satisfy customer needs and Atos business targets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing skills, with the ability to take a strategic view of who, what, why, how and when to influence
- The ability to identify and develop talented individuals
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.