At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
WSP are working with Hertfordshire County Council as a single, integrated team called the ‘Whole Client Service’. This truly collaborative approach sees WSP and Hertfordshire colleagues working side by side to collectively deliver the full highways service to local communities.
A typical week would include:
* Analysing engineering drawings and documents (including reports, maps, drawings and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geological data) to determine the suitability of submitted designs and specifications, with reference to engineering principles, standards and guidance – seeking support from colleagues where necessary.
* Managing Section 278 and Section 38 schemes from start to finish and ensure that projects are built in accordance with plans, special provisions and standards, and delivered with estimates. This may involve working with a team of Engineers to deliver a project, assigning and delegating tasks appropriately.
* Checking other Engineers’ work prior to approval by Project Manager.
* Possessing and maintain a sound knowledge of highway specifications and codes
* Reviewing legal agreements and other documentation submitted for approval.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Masters’ degree qualification in a relevant discipline (Civil engineering preferred)
* Experience in highway engineering, construction or design.
* Knowledge and understanding of Manual for Streets and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
* An awareness of the UK planning application process.
* Ability to manage tasks without supervision. Effective time management and strong organisational skills.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
We value our people and our reputation
We stand for attracting, developing, engaging and retaining the best professionals in our fields of expertise, because our people are what make us great. We put the highest ethical standards at the centre of all we do. We are professional, humble and act with moral and intellectual integrity, keep our word, treat everyone with respect, support our colleagues and embrace diversity.