Job Title: Business Development Manager Asset FinanceBusiness Unit: Asset Finance, Working Capital SolutionsLocation: South England / Midlands
Basic Salary: From £46,000 - £57,000 Employment Type: Permanent
We are up to big things in Virgin Money. We have big ambitions and big plans to achieve them. The work will be challenging and the deadlines sometimes tough. But when our purpose - Making you happier about money - is combined with the right people, the impact is powerful!
We have an exciting opportunity within our long-established, successful and growing Asset Finance business. This is the part of the franchises that supports SME business customers' capex plans throughout the UK. Our customers range from small and complex high-growth businesses, through larger SMEs to those that have already grown to become the backbone of the UK economy.
The Business Development Manager Asset Finance role is about…
• Being the primary Asset Finance sales contact and ambassador providing coverage across South England and Midlands, interfacing with Senior Leaders across the bank.
• Delightfully surprising us by demonstrating effective networking, prospecting and business development skills in identifying and securing new business in line with financial targets and differentiating our offering from that of our competitors to establish attractive and sustainable returns.
• Preparing credit documentation, demonstrating good pricing disciplines and salesmanship, documenting and packaging deal documentation in accordance with short deadlines and compliant with our established governance framework
• Ongoing and productive engagement with internal stakeholders including support teams, governance, credit and other front line staff.
It's essential you have…
• Heartfelt service and a customer focused approach is critical including the ability to deliver deals for payout within tight timeframes and a track record of on-boarding new customers
• A track record in meeting and exceeding new business targets including return optimisation
• A broad and established network of AF customers
• Undoubted red hot business acumen and in depth knowledge of the Asset Finance industry and its products including experience with technical and complex transactions
• Strong interpersonal skills and are a self starter, acting as the business ambassador across internal and external networks
• A track record demonstrating ability to work with multiple stakeholders and project manage to meet established deadlines
• Flexibility to travel, sometimes at short notice to accommodate our customers, well smart disruption is one of our values!
• Significant experience in striving for excellence, seeking innovative solutions and creating a best practice service environment that drives customer orientated solutions
We would like you to have…
• A relevant industry or vocational financial services qualification. Further qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory.
• Some experience in upskilling and sharing best practice with peers.
What you’ll get for your hard work….
- A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
- Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
- Pension! A market leading pension – we’ll top up your contributions too.
- Flexible benefits – customise your rewards to work for you!
If this sounds like a role for you, then please click the link below to apply.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.
Inclusion is at the heart of our culture. It’s written into our values. As part of our inclusion strategy, we want to build a truly inclusive culture, where every colleague and customer feels they belong, and our recruitment process reflects this approach.
Advertised: 07 Jan 2020 GMT Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Jan 2020 GMT Standard Time