Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Sales Developer to join our team in Chelmsford. The Senior Sales Developer will be primarily responsible for supporting the Sales Strategy & Delivery Manager in the delivery of new business revenue in accordance with sales plans.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The Affinity team helps associations, target client groups and organisations reach their objectives by creating insurance and risk management solutions for their members, associates, franchisees, affiliates or staff.
Affinity is divided into three business areas:
* Affinity Practices Group (APG) * Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SME) * Professional Services Group (PSG)
The Affinity team, made up of just over 300 colleagues based in London, Chelmsford and Cardiff.
**About the Role**
**Your impact as a Senior Sales Developer:**
* initiate and close new business opportunities from potential new clients at agreed targets; * selling from across the full range of Aon services to develop revenue streams and to build trust in Aon's services; * preparation and issuance of new business reports and ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding of current markets performance and identify and follow through opportunity areas to grow sales revenue; * day to day management support to the sales team; * deliver coaching and training to drive team success and behaviours; * point of call to provide guidance to the team on products, processes and ad-hoc queries; * compliance with PSG Business reporting requirements and FCA regulations; * support the Sales Strategy and Delivery Manager in developing and managing insurer relationships and work closely with the proposition manager to improve market solutions and identify gaps; * calm and proactive approach to problem solving; * takes ownership and accountability of own performance and collective team performance; * responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
**Your knowledge and expertise:**
* ideally educated to degree standard; * minimum of CERT CII qualified.
* Extensive experience in an Insurance environment; * sales experience.
**Experience, Knowledge & Skills:**
* demonstrable skills in working to and achieving targets; * adept at identifying needs, overcoming objections and closing the sale; * client relationship management; * coaching and training; * self disciplined and well organised; * business awareness; * literate and numerate with accurate data entry skills; * must be able to demonstrate good communication skills, both at one to one level, and in presentation form; verbally and in writing; * must be able to demonstrate active listening skills; * keeps up to date with developments and ensures that own skills and that of the team are updated; * competent in organising performance reports and identifying and communicating trends to senior management; * leads by example and enforces best practice within the team; * expert in processes and product and industry knowledge; * able to demonstrate good problem solving expertise; * asks open ended questions to explore problems and issues; * allows adequate preparation time and is well organised; * able to prioritise effectively and identify and resolve time conflicts; * actively works with peers to promote partnerships within and between teams to foster a positive synergistic approach; * actively works with peers and management to drive engagement and to look for improvement opportunities and drive innovation.
**Salary and Benefits**
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offertremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
**Our Colleague Experience**
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visitAon Colleague Experience.