Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work on a framework contract within the industrial services team. This is a permanent role based on site in the North east of Scotland.
Purpose of the Role:
- Ensuring effective commercial management of maintenance term contract using specified form of contract, and working in accordance with all relevant Company commercial policies and procedures
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSSE behaviours and leadership.
- Ensuring effective post-contract commercial management of Projects and pursuit of all Company commercial entitlements.
- Management of all sub-contractors in line with company commercial policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that project invoicing is carried out in accordance with terms and conditions of contract and that cash position maximised.
- Ensuring that end life forecasting and cost/value reporting (CVR) on projects are undertaken in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that early warnings, compensation events, contract amendment requests and claims are submitted in accordance with contract requirements
- Ensuring that final accounts are agreed and contracts closed out in accordance with contract requirements.
- Ensuring that sub-contracts are placed and managed in accordance with relevant Company policies and procedures and in a manner which optimises Company commercial position and complies with all relevant requirements of the Head Contract.
- Ensuring that necessary processes in place for the control of expenditure.
- Ensuring adherence to sub-contracting strategies, and agree Subcontract Plan.
- Ensuring that appropriate risk management techniques applied during post contract phases of projects.
- Ensuring correct application of a unit rate/norms type arrangement.
- Ensuring accurate estimating for SIP & E&I disciplines.
- Ensuring accurate re-measure on project completion.
- Liaise with client Project Engineers
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in commercial roles in the UK engineering and construction industry
- University Degree qualified or above in Quantity Surveying, Law, Business Studies or other appropriate discipline.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.